Family Heirlooms

Neville kissed Pansy with a happy smile. The real Pansy Parkinson, the one that she shared only with those she trusted and love, that woman was all he wanted but never knew he needed, or could have.

"I love you, Pansy," he whispered, gentle fingertips touching the exposed skin of her bust, her neck, shoulder, and clavicles, "I actually have a gift for you."

"Oh, you did not need to get me a gift, Nebbie." She said, but her grin told a completely different story. He knew how much she loved to be spoiled like this, with little gifts and trinkets.

"Close your eyes and turn around," Neville whispered, kissing her shoulder. When he was confident she was not peeking, he produced a velvet box from the pocket of his robes and expanded it.

The Gryffindor placed it on her open palms, and taking the pearl necklace from inside, he clasped it around her neck. Then gentle fingers raised themselves to her earlobes, and pulled off the pink gemstone earrings, and placed the pink pearl ones on their place. "You can look now, tell me if you like them?"

Pansy dropped the empty box when she finally saw her reflection. The pink pearls combined even better with her dress than the morganite jewellery had. She reached one hand to her neck and another to her ear. "They're so beautiful, Neville, they must have been so expensive. There was no need for you to spend so much money with me..."

"I did not spend a sickle, they were my mothers, but if I had seen them in a boutique, I would get them for you... Pearls for my Pansy." Nev whispered, kissing her neck.

"Oh, Neville. They're family heirlooms, I cannot accept them..." Her blue eyes were hand on his. "It's too much..."

"Why are they too much?" He wondered.

"We have been dating only for 6 months... offering me your mother jewellery, it feels something for when we're dating for one year or longer..." She explained.

The Gryffindor chuckled and kissed her. "My feelings for you will not change in the next 6 months, Pansy, I'm sure of that. I don't know if we will have a ball in December, so I wanted you to wear these pearls today... when they link so beautifully with your attire."

Pansy looked at him like he was a fool. She kissed his cheek, and he pulled her closer. "If we go out there and they ask me where I go the pearls, and I tell them they were your mother's..." She gulped and Neville stroked her cheek. He had not seen her this hesitant in quite some time. "By pureblood tradition, this can be considered an informal betrothal agreement..."

Neville murmured in agreement against her shoulder.

"Are you sure?" She asked again, probably making sure he would not regret it.

"I am... I know it's too early, and we are still young, but I know I want to be in your life, Pansy." It was barely a whisper against her lips, but her smile, and the worry lines disappearing from her face, showed him that she heard him. "I love you."

"I love you, Neville. And I love the gifts." She confessed and pointed to the door. "Shall we?"

Neville took her hand, and slowly they made their way to the Great Hall, where the Graduation Ball would take place.