Chapter 11 : Paint? part 2

Sophie pov

"You don't look delighted by that" Keefe pointed out.

"Yea... it's not that I don't like painting, it's just that... I'm not good at it" I said embarrassed.

"I'm pretty sure your good at painting, you're good at everything!" He replies smirking adorably as I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Well, not really" I said smiling sadly.

"You'll be good at this and painting is for everyone" he said confidently.

"You'll see what I'm talking about when you see it" I told him in a warning tone.

"Well, I always like a little challenge" he said as he winked at me. I turned my face acting as if I was interested in the colour paints.

Keefe stretched out something, I think you put a board on it? It had 3 legs that it supported on and half way it had a stick stuck to it horizontally. He had stretched two of those. And placed a board on each.

"So ready to start?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I replied trying to feel confident.

"Ok, so we are going to draw the beach" he told. This is going to be easy! I thought, but how wrong I was.

——————————————————————————————————————-

I had done everything Keefe had instructed me to do. I had done it pretty well. I drew the waves of the beach first and then I had started painting the waves and the sand. Now I'm just doing some last touches.

I had painted the water which was near the sand white. And I had tried to merge dark blue and medium blue for the waves that were more inside.

For a beginner I had done fine till now. When I was painting, some of the white paint came on the bottom of my hand I was painting in. And I wanted to add a little more medium blue, but when my had touched the painting I had not realised that the white paint came on top of the waves.

Me being dumb, moved my hand to do add more medium blue in the other waves but I hadn't realised that white paint came on top of most of the waves.

"Ugh" I sighed.

"What happened?" Keefe asked turning his head in the process. He had some blue paint stuck on his cheeks which made him look like a actual artist unlike me.

"Look..." I told him pointing to my board.

"Oof!" He told narrowing his eyes at the painting.

"I know..." I told him sadly.

"It's fine... a bit" I whispered the last part but I still heard it.

"Oookay, lemme see yours!" I tell him, trying to look over his shoulder. He finally moves after a second.

And wow... his painting looks so realistic, I feel like I'm actually looking at a beach from my own eyes and not from a board. He had drawn the sand and the beach on the board.

That made me wonder did he like pour some salt water and stick sand on the painting? Uh, I don't think that would look good, would it? Nah.

"I know it doesn't look good..." he says embarrassed, looking at the ground.

"What? No yours looks so good!" I told him wanting him to believe it looks good.

"I mean, yea I did it of course it looks good!" He replied with a smirk. Wait, was this his plan all along? Make me tell him compliments and him knowing it was good all along?

"So what do you want to do now?" I asked not wanting to paint anymore.

"So you don't want to paint anymore?" He asked me confused.

"Uh I can't actually add anything to my painting now you know..." I replied looking at the beach sadly.

"Ok... come sit next to me" he told me as he  sat on the sand, patting the place near him.

"Coming" I told him moving slowly to the spot.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked.

"Wait, isn't this the part when you say like you?" I asked him, looking away my face hot.

"Well, I would rather say like me" he said smirking.

"Hey!" I slapped his hand.

"Ow! Who knew Foster was so feisty?"

We spent hours sitting there joking around. And laughing at each other.
                                  ————————————————————————————————————-

Uh, yea I know this is so bad.
I don't know why but nowadays I don't have the energy to update anymore... sorry

-Nova