06.

A/N Hey guys! Tiana moments galore this chapter! Hope you like it! Also if anyone has cover ideas for me please comment and tell me! Thanks so much for all the support! :)

(e/i (editing isla)  dude shut up this a/n is so cringe, this story makes me wanna curl up in a hole sometimes)

[Biana]

Tam and I stand at the entrance to Candleshade.

"Wow, this place is intimidating." I say. 

"You got that right."  He replies. 

"So we need to find something to reveal something about Lord Cassius, and we don't know what either of the somethings will be." I clarify. 

This whole thing seems kind of pointless, shouldn't Keefe search Candleshade?

"Yep, let's start by searching his room. But just in case there are cameras.."

He shrouds himself in shadows. I vanish. I take his hand so I don't lose where he is. Tam sucks in a breath.

"Sorry.. is that not okay?" I ask, feeling guilty.

"No it's okay, I was just startled." 

And so we run to the staircase hand in hand. 

He tentatively puts his arm around my waist, and levitates us up to Cassius' floor. 

"We are not taking the vortinator, they make me feel sick." He explains once we get up.

We simultaneously realize Tam hasn't taken his arm off my waist. He flushes and takes a step back. I become very interested in my feet. An awkward silence fills the air.

"We need to search his office." I say quietly, finally breaking the silence.

We walk into his office carefully. It's almost as bad as Edaline's office, though I'm not sure you can rival that. 

"There's a lot. Let's split up. I'll look through papers you look through the trunks." 

"Trying to get rid of me Tammy?" I say with mock hurt on my face. 

He sighs and mumbles something about Linh under his breath. I laugh.

{Tam}

She just said the liked my nickname. That doesn't mean anything does it? Maybe it's because I sound a little kinder when people hear the name Tammy. Maybe it's because- 

"Tam, are you listening?" Biana asks. 

I stare at my feet, shaking my head.  

"I was saying how um- we should hail Keefe, to like- we should ask him what we should look for." She says. 

Since when does she stutter so much? She's always been so confident. Does this place scare her?

"Okay... sure let's hail Hunkyhair." I say. 

She smiles and pulls out her imparter. 

"Show me Sophie Foster." She says into her imparter. 

"Hey Bi! You find something too?" Sophie asks. 

"No." Biana says. "But can you put Keefe on the line?" 

"KEEFE! BIANA AND TAM NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

 "Uh..."

"Sorry about that..." Sophie says as we hear footsteps outside the door. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT BANGS BOY? Whoa way to loud sorry." Keefe's voice comes through the imparter.

"What do we need to look for in Candleshade?" I ask. 

"You don't need to look anymore." 

"What?" 

"We found his journal, meet us at Havenfield, and hurry!" 

I hesitantly put my arm around Biana and start to levitate us down the stairs. 

It happens so quickly, a split second and my levitation falters. In a hurry to regain balance, Biana falls out of my grasp. She tries to regain her levitation but with the speed she's falling her concentration isn't strong enough.

She screams as she falls down the spiral. I let my instincts kick in, I start preparing this bed of shadows subconsciously. I let myself go into a controlled plummet, gaining speed quickly. I reach Biana's side quickly, as she keeps regaining and losing her concentration. I desperately reach out to catch her. And I do. Just as we're about to hit the ground, I use all of my concentration to stop our fall.

I look her up and down, making sure she's okay. She still looks stunning.

"Biana, I'm so sorry, if you had actually fallen- I wouldn't have been able to forgive myse-"

I'm cut off by Biana wrapping me in a big hug. The shadow bed fades, though thankfully it was never needed. 

"Just never do it again. But thank you for helping me."

"OKAY LOVEBIRDS STOP WITH THE SAPPINESS AND GET YOUR BUTTS OVER TO HAVENFIELD." Keefe booms. 

I realize the imparter never turned off. 

"KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" I shout. 

"Or don't come to Havenfield that's fine too!" Keefe says and clicks away. 

(e/i I was going to edit the KEEEEEFEEEE but then I remembered how happy I was when I first wrote this story and I had to keep some of the original scenes the same <3)

I'm so sorry for the cliff hangers but I think I get why Shannon does them. Anyway sorry for all the short chapters! I'll start making them longer now. Thanks for all the reads and support! 

-Isla