Grandma's house

Stell starred out the window. She knew it was only going to be a few more minutes but the trip felt like it took forever.
"Hey stell, you've been awfully quiet." Her bored dad said.
"I guess," stell stated trying to end the exchange.
"You want some pistachios?" Dad asked with a mouth full of the green nuts.
"Sure," stell reached into the drivers seat and grabbed a handful of nuts and ate them. Care free.
"Be careful, you two don't want to spoil dinner!" Mom said.
"What's nana makin anyways?" Dad asked
Mom sighed, "probably fried chicken or something fatty like that."
Stell gulped down her nuts as she heard her mom make that rude comment.
Dad broke the brief silence with another rude remark, " yeah, nana really doesn't care about her health. One of these days she's gonna eat herself dead."
"Oh stop it!" Mom said while patting dads lap. "That's my mother!"
The two parents laughed about their jokes. Stell uncomfortably sat in the back seat forcing a laugh about her parents inappropriate comments.
Stell began to worry about if people had talked about her behind her back like this. Stell did eat a lot and was on the chubbier side. It hurt her to know her caretakers would say such rude things about an old women, let alone a close relative. She desperately wanted to tell them to shut their mouths, but remained quiet until they pulled into grandmas driveway.