Chapter Eight

Ready

It’s been around a week since I told Tubbo about Will and he took it pretty well. He’s gone out of his house and talked to people and he’s done a good job keeping it a secret.

 -Maybe it’s time that he sees you. I look up at Will as I grab a book from the barrel.

 -Agreed. It kind of seems like he took it too well. I nod in agreement. Perhaps he just doesn’t believe me.

    I grab out my phone and type in the chat

U/n: Tubbo. Meet me at my house.

Tubbo_: Okay!

    I smile as Tubbo is always so cheery. I nod at Will and I walk out of the door, making my way to my house. Once I get there, I see Tubbo already waiting outside.

 -Hopefully I didn’t make you wait too long. Tubbo shakes his head.

 -I only just got here actually! I smile at him and open the door, allowing him inside and secretly, Wilbur as well. I then close the door and I cover all the windows so no one sees inside.

 -What’s going on, Y/n? I sigh and look at him.

 -You might wanna sit down, Tubbs. He does as told and I look around one last time before nodding. Wilbur soon comes into vision. Tubbo gasps and stands up.

 -I didn’t get time to explain last week and I don’t think you believed me when I said it… So I wanted to show you. Tubbo stares at Wilbur with disbelief.

 -I told you he didn’t believe you! I laugh at Will and he looks back at Tubbo.

 -Wilbur. Will shakes his head and runs his hand through his ghostly hair.

 -I’m not alivebur. My name is Ghostbur! You can call me Will though! Tubbo nods slowly and walks to him.

 -But… how?! He reaches out to him but Will backs up.

 -Not exactly a good feeling for both of us, Tubbo. He smiles awkwardly and Tubbo nods, pulling his hand back to him. I tense up a little as the tension in the room gets heavy.

 -So… Do you believe me now? I put my hand on Tubbo’s shoulder and he jumps slightly but his breathing calms. I walk over to Will and I look at Tubbo.

 -Tubbs. We’re gonna give you some time to process this but we need to show you something after you’re ready. Take as much time as you need though. It must be weird seeing your brother after he was murdered. I laugh slightly and Tubbo nods slowly.

*Time Skip*

    It’s been a week since Tubbo saw Will and he seemed to take it okay. He’s had a couple days where he didn’t come out of his house for that day but other than that, he seemed okay.

    I was just talking to Phil outside when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Tubbo standing there with his hands clamped together and his look of innocence in his eyes.

 -Hey Tubs! What’s up? I smile at him. He smiles back at me and looks at Phil.

 -Don’t worry, kiddo. I already know about Will. Tubbo sighs and Phil laughs.

 -I’m ready to see what you wanted to show me. I raise my eyebrows and look at him in his eyes.

 -Are you sure you’re ready? It’s quite serious, Tubbs. It’s a lot to take in and it might take longer than the last. He nods firmly and I sigh. I look back at Phil and he also nods at me. I grab Tubbo’s hand and lead him to the sewers.

    I open the door to the room and Tubbo almost gags from the smell.

 -What the ---- is that? I look at him and laugh.

 -You gotta jump in that to get where we need to go, Tubbs. He makes a face of disgust as he watches Phil jump in.
-Go ahead, Tubbo. Jump in. I smile at him evilly and he rolls his eyes at me before jumping into the small hole in the floor. I jump in close behind him and he’s already up and out of the water when I get up. I look around and see Phil is already inside. I get out and walk over to the iron door, opening it and letting Tubbo walk inside. 

I look around and hear Phil talking to Wilbur in the other room, laughing, joking, and messing around. I let Tubbo open the door and walk in first. I walk in behind him and walk up to Phil and hug him. I do the same with Will and look back at Tubbo. He smiles at everyone and we all get comfortable.

*Time Skip*

    It’s been around an hour since Tubbo came in and we’ve all just been hanging out. Tubbo has gotten a lot more comfortable with Wilbur being a ghost now and I feel as if he will take the other thing more lightly than if we hadn’t waited.

    I laugh as Will had just joked about blowing up L’Manberg and even Tubbo laughed. He knows that “Alivebur” isn’t Ghostbur and he understands that now.

 -So… Tubbs. You ready to see what we wanted to show you? Tubbo raises his eyebrows and giggles a little bit.

 -I actually completely forgot that’s why I came to you guys. I laugh at him and he nods -I’m read though.

    I get up out of my seat and Wilbur does too. I walk in the middle of the room, meeting Will. I look at Tubbo and smile awkwardly.

 -This is hardly for your child eyes, look away. I shoo at him and he laughs and looks away. I look back at Will and he pulls me into a tight hug and I do the same, putting my hands on his chest and him wrapping his arms around my waist. I imagine some type of magic dust travelling from one person to another and when I open my eyes, I see Wilbur standing there with dark bags under his eyes.

 -C’mon Will. Let's get you into a bed. I look at Tubbo before setting Wilbur down onto the bed Phil had made after mine and Will’s first transition and the look on his face was filled with shock and surprise. 

    I lay the blanket down over Wilbur’s body and he curls into a small ball, cuddling a pillow next to him.

 -Wait wait wait… So it wasn’t a dream?