Chapter 2: I love you

Chapter 2

Raymen's POV

New York New York, The city of dreams. The city off my new job, my new life.

Raymen here. It's my turn now. So I finished college. I was lucky to get into Stanford full ride scholarship, I studied in International Business where I soon found a real good job to take care of my family. My sisters movie hit off. Amazing actually we went from rich to poor then back to rich. We then stuck my mothers good for nothing's ass in rehab where she got her shit together and finally decided to be in the Twins lives. Don't worry there's a nanny, we don't trust her that much yet. Miguel's still Miguel, just maybe a little bit less of an ass. But besides that life's been great. I just transferred to Colombia to finish school here in New York and I was so ready for it. Ready for my real shot at life, Past behind me except for one thing.

I need to find Zalyina. I make good money. My families great and I want to pay her back that's all. I don't even have to see her. I just want to give her this check. She deserves it. I know she accepted the offer at Julliard so that's where I'm headed right now. First I'd like a coffee though. It's cold as shit here! I'm not used to this weather I'm from Cali for God Sake . I stopped at the first coffee shop I saw. It was nicely decorated with comfy chairs and couches. There were books shelves on the walls decorated with glistening lights. First thing I noticed though was the big glass section of deserts. Macarons, cupcakes, brownies. I nearly had a foodgasm just from looking at it. The place was rather full. Almost every chair was taken but I managed to find a seat after ordering a coffee and a red velvet brownie. I sat tearing through some work on my iPad when the Angel walked in. I was in shock I blinked like twenty times to make sure my eyes wasn't indeed playing tricks on me. Everyone greeted her as she smiled re moving her coat. Lyina stood slightly taller. Her hair was shoulder length but still curly. Her body was even more beautiful than I could remember. Her hips were wider and her face more I can't even explain it. She was a women now. The smile that set on her lips was just a warming as I remembered. She stopped to say hello to some of the costumers before disappearing into the back. She came back out with an apron on and another batch of cookies. I watched closely as she placed them in the glass showing case while talking to one of the workers. I then noticed her face as well. It was Lyina's best friend from India. I thought hard but I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. I looked at the wall noticing it was full of pictures. People like Kim kardashian and even that girl from pitch perfect were in pictures smiling next to Lyina. Other photos held her and I'm guessing customers. I looked around for the name of the place till I spotted it on the wall. 'Lyina's Sweet Tooth Cafe'. Made sense that she owned it. But why wasn't she at Julliard?

She leaned on the counter talking and laughing. I didn't know what to do. Should I leave the check and make a run for it? Should I get up and say hello? Too late for my choosing. Her eyes froze once she noticed my face. She grew still like she'd seen a ghost. The gentle softness on her face completely vanished as she stood up straight. I got up walking over to the counter. Her friend sized me up completely with a look of disgust on her face.

"Yes?" She questioned me. Tami! That was her name.

My eyes never left Lyinas and hers didn't leave mine either.

"Zalyina" I said .

She just stared at me in dis belief before shaking her head.

"What... What are you doing here?"

God she was beautiful.

"I... I live here now."

She shook her head just looking at me. I don't know what else to say. I needed to give her the check but my fingers wouldn't move.