Reconciliation

A/N: Thanks for the reviews. I appreciate the support from the last chapter. I really can't say it or stress it enough. I hope you guys find this chapter satisfying.

Nami peaked her right eye open at the sunlight peaking brightly through her curtains leading to the balcony outside her patio doors. She immediately winced feeling the soreness in her left eye as she tried to open it; the eyelid however was swollen shut, she could barley see out of it registering only colors and shapes. 

Her hand slowly slid up her body feeling the sensitive bruises on her flesh from the previous night. Her legs, arms, and one of her breasts were sore from Dalton's drunken assault. Finally she grazed her fingertips across her the right side of her swollen lip and bruised cheek. Tears streamed down her face remembering what her supposed fiancée did to her last night. 

Nami curled up into her bed holding the pillow tightly against her chest not knowing where it all went wrong, maybe she ignored the red flags during the process hoping it would change after time.

Nami emerged from her room wearing a short dress that hugged her frame tightly. It was the only a few weeks after she moved into Dalton's estate. He was going to introduce her to some constituents and various acquaintances that he met over the course of his run in the senate.

"You're really going to wear that?" Dalton asked with a disapproving frown. He didn't hide his outward disdain for the outfit she had on display.

Nami's wide smile turned into a bewildered expression. "What? You don't like it?" Nothing seemed wrong with what she was wearing, there was never a problem before with her wearing this type of attire.

The senator scoffed, "I don't want you giving off that vibe going out dressed like that." He stated crossing his arms, the disapproving frown never leaving his face. 

"Alright, I guess I'll change then." She said turning to enter her chamber. It wasn't a big deal at the moment there were plenty of other outfits she had. Although her feelings were slightly hurt hearing that him say he didn't want her to give off that type of vibe. What vibe exactly?

"Yes, do that and make sure to cover up more this time." Dalton added as she disappeared into her room.

Nami emerged minutes later wearing a longer dress making sure to not so as much skin. "Much better now you look like my fiancée." He smirked throwing his arm around Nami's waist leading her to the stairway.

She couldn't help hide a displeased expression at his controlling behavior. Did he really disapprove of the way she dressed. It made her heart twinge as she glanced up at the older man wondering if he was still the same person she met months earlier. However she let it go thinking it would pass and the moment was an anomaly.

Nami shuddered at the memory. Even when the assaults weren't physical, there had been emotional abuse that she ignored thinking maybe she was the one at fault. She was just trying to prove herself worthy of being a devoted fiancée, a good senator, and an overall proud dignified woman. All that those hopes we're helplessly shredded away last night, had this really been all her fault?

"I'm such an idiot..." she whispered in the afternoon breeze. "How can I ever face my friends again..." the tears fell from her face wetting the pillow beneath her. She clutched her arms wishing to be taken away from the estate she started to consider her home; now it was just another prison—no different from Arlong Park.

Nami's tears stopped as she scooted across the bed farthest away from the door as the handle turned. She debated running into the adjacent bathroom and locking herself in there if Dalton came back.