6. Haunt

VIDEO EVIDENCE NO 187/2121/16B

LOCATION: NEW YORK

VIDEO TAG: UNKNOWN

SUBJECT: JAVIER KAJIKA, STATUS: ROGUE

The room was dark and silent, no distinctive furniture to be seen apart from a table and two chairs on its opposite sides. A yellowish lightbulb was the only flickering source of light, making the room appear far darker than it actually was. A man could be seen sitting in one of the chairs wearing nothing more than underwear and a dark t-shirt, hands cuffed behind his back. The quality of the video was not perfect, yet it was obvious that the man was in a lot of pain. Blood was trickling down his face, coming from a cut in his brow and from his nose. His lips were parted and gasping for air as he was visibly struggling to breathe. It was obvious that there might be more wounds and bruises on his body but there was no way to confirm this based on this specific footage.

The door opened suddenly and a fully armed figure entered the room, looming over the man. The first words uttered by the individual were almost inaudible as the microphone was located closer to the door. Moving a little to the left however it became obvious that one - the character was Faye Lau, and two - judging by her facial expression the words she just said were not pleasant or reassuring at all.

„I need you to tell me two things and I don't have time for any bullshit," she said, placing her gloved hand behind the man's head, „first of all, I want to know where Keener is. Second of all, I want you to tell me everything you know about the Black Tusk and their supply routes in NYC."

The man spat on the floor, blinking fast a few times and trying to regain his composure.

„I have no idea about the Black Tusk," he said after a while, strain painfully obvious in his voice. „But even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. As for Keener, fuck you."

Faye brought his head forward then, fast, making it connect with the table in one swift motion of her hand. A loud thud resonated within the room, the sound almost as painful as the visual. The man took a raspy breath and groaned, but there was no follow-up on his side.

„I asked you a question and I'm not letting you off the hook until you answer," Faye added after a while. „Let's get this straight. You don't give me answers, you die. You give me answers, you survive. Locked up, yes, but alive. What's it gonna be?"

The man looked up at her, a challenging smile visible on his lips.

„I'm guessing you already know the answer. I'm not telling you shit."

She kicked his leg then, making him scream in pain this time. It was obvious she has just irritated an older injury in some way. His body spasmed and he let his head fall onto the table again, trying to hide the painful expression on his face.

„Alright, you fucker," Faye was immediately on the other side of him, taking a knife out of her holster and holding it close to his ear. „I guess the guys didn't have enough fun with you yesterday and you're still trying to show off. Not with me. You tell me what I need to know or this conversation is going to turn ugly in a second. I know you were in touch with the Black Tusk when they arrived here. I have that on record. I also know that you're working with Keener. What I don't know is the details of your arrangement and his current location. So if you don't tell me what I want to know, you're going back to the box and back to the guys."

The man took a deep breath, trying to hold himself upright despite the pain.

„You really think you can scare me? You're obviously forgetting who I am. What I can do. What I have done. You're not getting shit from me, Lau."