Chapter 19: Studying in the library

Since it's just the 2nd week of classes, the number of students in the library was scarce. Earlier, Serena asked the girls to go ahead despite their insistence of joining her. Getting the hint, they first teased her, and then finally said their goodbyes, telling her to enjoy her time with her boyfriend.

It's Serena's first time going in the library and not finding Charlton there just yet, she decided to look around. The library was located at the east wing's third floor. Upon entering, she first noticed the long tables with benches at the middle of the two-tiered hall containing bookshelves. When she looked upwards, she saw the impressive high ceiling made of glass which made natural light filter through. On the right side of the entrance were two people who she assumed were the receptionist and the librarian. Walking around, she noticed that under the alcoves, there were still rows of bookshelves behind the ones facing the tables. She smiled to herself as she thought 'this is just perfect! My sad life of not having a boyfriend while in school made sure that I never got to try this before. Anyways, thankfully, they haven't invented cctv cameras here yet! Haha!'

After getting familiar with the library, Serena chose to take a sit on one of the tables near the far end from the entrance. 'Sadly, all the chairs are in the middle. Where is he? He's running a little late.'

When Charlton arrived in the library, it was already nearing 5 in the afternoon. He first saw Serena's golden hair, shining under the glow of the setting sun. Her blazer was strewn across the table, making her look more comfortable. She seems to be focusing on doing some research as she had a book open while taking notes at the side. This look of concentration was beautiful on her too.

Serena did not notice Charlton until he sat in front of her.

"you're late." Serena said, not hiding the irritation that she felt.

"I'm sorry, your brother just wouldn't let me go. He kept pestering me about working on the song and just wouldn't let me leave the room. I had to work with him for at least 30 minutes more after homeroom and he even made me promise to work on it tomorrow until he's satisfied. In truth, he even wanted to follow me even when I told him I really had to work on something important. Thankfully, I finally got him off my back. If I didn't run to lose him, I'm afraid he would've followed me here." Charlton explained.

"You're in the same class as him?" Serena asked as she chuckled.

"Yes, he, me and Kylo. So, what are you working on?"

"Actually, I'm writing an essay for our homework on Economics due tomorrow. But I want to stop now, I can continue working on it later."

"Want me to help you with it? I'm not bad at writing myself."

"No need, I can manage." 'besides, I'm just trying to cross reference if my knowledge about the subject is the same as it is here. I don't want to be spouting some theories not yet discovered during this time as I can't even prove them. Sorry, my mathematical skills in doing derivations and what not is sorely lacking.'

"Okay... so, what should we do now?"

"How about we try and study biology?"

"Oh... which part in particular?" he replied, his perverted mind getting what she was hinting at immediately.

"Well, how about the human anatomy and the process of reproduction?" she lewdly suggested.

"Do you have your reference materials ready?"

"Not yet, let me look for it, I think they're located near the shelves behind me. Care to join me?" Serena asked temptingly.

Charlton's eyes blazed with anticipation. "I'm right behind you."