Chapter 38

Y/N

The sound of camera shutters and whispers filled the room. I put my hands into my pockets and stared into the camera. The company was currently trying to launch their new business apparel for the season and I was chosen as some of the models.

The photographer told me to change so I got off the set and did as I was told. The hairstylist curls my hair and I watched the other models. I was jealous that their moves seemed so natural while I was still stiff every once in a while.

"Stop looking so envious, it's not a good look on you." Taehyung commented from my side.

I flinched and turned to see Taehyung and Jungkook standing right next to me. They were both wearing casual outfits since it was their only day off in a long time, but something important came up at the company.

"It's hard not to be jealous when you're the oldest one of them all by 4 years." I muttered and watched the shoot with Taehyung and Jungkook from the sidelines. "I told you that I'm not cut out to be a model. I'm stiff and I'm considered old in the industry." 

"You're only still learning." Jungkook said encouragingly. "And 27 isn't that old in society standards. It doesn't matter what age you are as long as you try your best and look good."

"You're only saying that because you haven't professionally modelled before and-" I lowered my voice. "Because you're my boyfriend." 

"Well I can't help it can I?" Jungkook smiles then I looked at some of the staff.

"We're all good here you know. You already handled the company situation and you two haven't had a day off in a while. You should go." I advised them. "I'm sure that after last weekend the kids would love to spend time with you."

"He still doesn't want to see me." Jungkook frowned.

It had been 2 days since Jungkook's birthday. The twins have retreated to their bedrooms and have refused to come out unless it was for food or to bathe. They had gotten better after spending a night with Avery, but Jihyun is refusing to see Jungkook, Ji Ae on the other hand is settling for texts.

"I'm sure that they'll want to see uncle Taehyung though." Taehyung smiled. "They won't refuse you if I'm there right?" He turns to me for assurance.

"I'm not sure how well they'll take it." I said honestly. "I've tried to convince them to see Jungkook multiple times but they aren't letting up until the truth is known."

"They know the truth... Right?" They both look at me warily.

"As much as I can tell them." I avoided their eyes. 

"Does daddy want to keep the babies?"

Jihyun's question replayed in my mind again. No matter how much I've pondered over it or no matter how much trust I place in Jungkook, the answer had always seemed uncertain. There was also no way that I could tell them that Jungkook wouldn't accept the children because I knew that he would want to be a part of their lives.

"When is the paternity test getting done?" I changed the topic. 

"Hopefully tomorrow. Sana agreed."

"Sana agreed?" Taehyung and I said in disbelief. 

It was hard to believe that Sana had been willing to do a paternity test. I get that Sana didn't know that we knew the truth, but she still should have been worried. 

Lately, Sana has been seeming more confident about herself. Now that I am no longer Jungkook's secretary, she likes to strut into his office like she owns the place. On interviews and to other celebrities or politicians she introduces herself as the 'future Mrs. Jeon.'