The right thing to do

Earlier...

Karma kicked at the pavement as he tried to navigate his way to school using Google maps, thankfully it wasn't far away since it was located right next to his father's cram school – well technically OLD cram school since everything was different here...

Karma frowned, glancing up at the weird crescent-shaped moon. Everything in this world sucked. It was like he was living in some thriller video game, except it wasn't nearly as fun.

He grimaced, kicking a stone as he thought back to his parents and friends, wondering if they were shitty people in this world as well.

He stopped when he arrived outside of the large school, moving away when a large number of students wearing the same uniform as he barged into the school with most of their gazes firmly in books.

He frowned, pausing by the gates since he had no fucking idea where his classroom was...

"Hi, Karma! You're early!" He nearly jumped when a purple-haired girl suddenly popped up on his screen.

"What the hell?!" Karma's eyes widened.

Was this some kind of app or something?

The girl smiled at him. "You're earlier than normal." Then her brow furrowed. "...And you're wearing a tie."

"I'm at school," he replied, frowning as he grew more confused.

Did he normally not wear ties? They were annoying but still...

"Huh." Her smile wavered as she scrutinised him. "You seem...different."

Karma grimaced. "You have no idea," he muttered, wondering where he would even—

Wait...

He was talking to his phone.

"How are we conversation right now?" Karma questioned, moving away from the gate when some students shot him with strange looks. "Are you like siri?"

The AI blushed. "No! I'm more advanced than that!" She frowned. "Did you suffer a concussion, as you're behaving like you don't know who I am? It's me Ritsu."

"Do I look like I do?" Karma leaned against the wall. "This whole place is messed up" He ran a hand through his hair. "Suddenly Magic cats exists – and apparently they hate me because they sent me to a world where my dad is a fucking psychopath who locks his kids in closets and handcuffs them to radiators so they can study!"

"What?!" Ritsu looked alarmed.

"Yeah, so fuck that!" Karma swore, earning some more confused looks from students passing by. "Oh, and that's not factoring in the fact half of the moon is missing!" He ran a hand down his face. "And now apparently Kawai AI is a thing?!"

Ritsu blushed again. "Well..."

"Just what the hell is even going on here?" Karma questioned, feeling more exhausted than before. "Can someone actually explain what's going on that makes sense?"

The AI was silent for a while before she sighed. "You should...sit down." She smiled sympathetically. "There are a few things I need to explain to you..."

***

"Whoa, is that a tie?" Nakamura was gawking at him when he stepped into class.

Karma touched his tie, growing unsure, being in his dad's cram school with all his friends crammed in just felt surreal. "Uh, yeah..."