Crosshairs & Drift

The humid jungle was dead quiet, save from the rapid trills of some distant insect or avian. Clouds of mist rolled over the spindly mountain tops across the deep, intimidating valley, and Drift was settled on the edge of the drop off. Wet, broad leaves draped over his faceted shoulder plates, and crystal clear droplets dribbled off the dense vegetation onto his smooth chest. Drift's ebony feet waved slightly in the air as they hung over the cliff, suspended into green oblivion. He had ventured out into the luscious jungle to seek quiet; he swore he could still make out the thunderous rampage of the memory of battle. Drift sought to sever his ties with violence, but the treacherous recollections still pursued him.

A decaying tree's frail branches waggled as some organism pushed against the plant's backbone, and Crosshairs slipped out of the indigo shadows. He pushed his polished goggles up to his forehead; he had utilized them to see through the dense fog.

"Where've you been?" Crosshairs inquired as his feet slid out from under him, and he casually plopped down beside his comrade.

"Trying to meditate." Drift's fluid voice was choked with tension.

"Those memories still getting to you?"

"Yes. I haven't been able to recharge for quite some time."

Crosshairs gently rubbed his pitted chin, attempting to conjure a solution to Drift's predicament. It was a touchy situation that had existed for awhile now. Crosshairs had noticed Drift sitting up at the wee hours of the morning for about two weeks now, and it appeared that his insomnia was continuing to worsen. They had been traveling together for quite some time, seeking to find the Autobot squadron they had become separated from.

"I'm no therapist, but I am your friend. I think you need to relax. I can tell you are tense right now."

Drift slid his optics shut, reducing the silent world around him to a pit of darkness. "I am. Everything is very tense."

"Here."

Crosshairs crawled behind Drift and sat upon his robust knees, and he clasped Drift's shoulders carefully. Drift leaned his elegant head back as Crosshairs' powerful thumbs pressed into the nape of his neck, administering a relaxing massage. Drift released a soft breath as the heel of Crosshairs' strong palm rubbed in tight circles down the path of his back strut, and his other hand kneaded one of his rigid shoulder joints. His form began to unwind, and his fingers unfurled at his sides. They were originally compressed into furious fists.

"Thank you," Drift sighed.

"No problem."

Crosshairs hands slithered sluggishly over his shoulders, and Drift inhaled as Crosshairs' wonderous lips grazed against his golden neck. Crosshairs planted a stronger kiss against his alloy flesh, and Drift's fingers wrapped around the back of his admirer's head, shoving him further into him.

"Crosshairs?" Drift asked, his words quavering with terror and pleasure.

"Yes?" Crosshairs pecked his lustrous cheek before placing a light finger against Drift's pointed chin. He swiveled Drift's face towards him.

"I think I love you."

Crosshairs gave him a broad, hearty grin before mushing his mouth against Drift's relaxed, glistening lips. Crosshairs forced Drift to the muddy ground, and he wrapped his dirty hands over Drift's cheeks. He parted his silver lips a couple times as he kissed the wonderful warrior below him, and he pulled his head back to admire Drift's gorgeous optics.

"That was my first kiss, Crosshairs. And it was wonderful."