Chapter 4

I could feel Newt tense up, but I ignored it. 

"Well no one really, asks that, but I guess you could do a test run tomorrow? I'd have to check with Alby first, but he'll be okay with it." 

Minho ran out to ask Alby, when Newt grabbed my hand. 

"You are not going out there." He said firmly. 

"Why not?" 

"The maze is a dangerous place. I can't have you hurt." He squeezed my hand harder.

"I'll be fine." 

"You aren't not going out there. End of discussion." Now I was getting angry. 

"Look, Newt, I get your looking out for me, but I can take care of myself. I'll be fine." 

"NO." He yelled, making me flinch. Minho ran back in. 

"Alby says its fine." 

"She's not going Minho." Minho looked confused. 

"Yes I am." 

"No your not!" Newt yelled back. 

"I'll be right back." I stormed out, grabbing Minho by the arm. 

"Tomorrow, wake me up at least an hour before the doors open. Be as quiet as possible." Minho nodded and said goodnight. 

"Chloe I'm sorry. I can't have you hurt." I ignored him and sat down on the bed. He turned my head towards him. 

"It's because I care to much about you to have you hurt." He gave me a peck on the cheek and laid down, opening his arms for me. 

I laid down, resting my head on his shoulder. He tilted my head up, giving me a soft peck.

"Goodnight." I heard him whisper.

"Goodnight." 

                                                                                    Morning

I awoke to Minho silently shaking me awake. He gave me a set of running clothes and left me to change. I got up as quietly as possible and walked to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" I heard Newt mumble. 

"Just to the bathroom." He nodded and fell back asleep. I'm sorry Newt. 

After changing, I walked outside and looked for Minho. 

"Morning princess, doors open in 20  minutes. Get something to eat and meet me at the entrance."

I nodded and went to Fry.

"Hey Chloe. You're up early." 

"Hey, yeah I'm doing a test run with Minho." He wasn't surprised. 

"Good luck." I said my thanks and went off to eat. 

"Finally. You ready shank?" I was about to nod, when I heard Newt call my name.

"Shit." I turned around and he was running up to us. 

"What the bloody hell do you think your doing." 

I looked to Minho for help, but it was clear I'm on my own.

"You have 3 minutes before the doors open." And with that Minho left. 

"Chloe." I took a deep breath.

"Look Newt, I just wanna try it, I don't even know if I'll like it. If I don't, I'll either be a med-jack or a track-hoe with you. Its already 6:58, ill be back at 11:45 for lunch. I promise I'll be okay." 

"Chloe no." 

I started to get really upset.

"You cant decide that for me!" 

The doors rumbled open, and Newt grabbed my hand.

"Chloe." 

Minho ran back.

"You coming?"

I looked at Newt, looked at the maze, and back at Newt. 

"I'm sorry." I pulled my hand away and ran into the maze. It was different than I expected. Honestly, I loved it. After a couple hours of running we took a water break. 

"How you feeling princess." 

"Good." 

He checked his watch.

"Its 10:30, in 30 minutes we will head back." 

I nodded, dreading the lecture I'll get from Newt. 

"Good luck with Newt." He said with a laugh. 

"Ugh don't remind me." 

We got back up and continued running, occasionally stopping and leave a mark on the walls, just in case. 30 minutes went by.

"Alright lets head back." 

We ran towards the Glade, now realizing how hungry I was. We turned the corner, seeing Newt standing at the Maze entrance. Shit. We walked out and Minho grabbed my arm. 

"C'mon lets go to lunch." He said pulling me away from Newt. 

"Thank you." He nodded, and we continued walking to lunch.

"Hey Fry." 

"Hey, good luck, Newt's pissed."

"Great." We sat down when Newt walked over and sat down. He wouldn't even look at me. 

"Sooo truth or dare Chloe." Gally spoke up, clearly trying to diffuse the tension.

"Truth." I mumbled. 

"Do you have a relationship with anyone here?" Newt tensed up.

"Uh well not officially but guess that's ruined now." 

In the corner of my eye, I could see Newt look at me in shock. 

"Never." He whispered in my ear. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I sighed in relief, and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Minho truth or dare." 

"Dare." 

"I dare you to chug two full cups of Gally's secret recipe in 30 seconds." 

Surprisingly, he pulled it off. 

"Chloe truth or dare." 

"Dare." 

He leaned to whisper in my ear.

"I dare you to kiss Newt in front of everyone." 

Clearly Newt heard, since he started blushing. I turned his head toward me, and kissed him. 

"Easy." 

Ooo's rose from the crowd, but I didn't care. 

"Minho truth or dare." 

"Truth." 

"Do you think I could be a permanent runner?" Newt tensed.

"Yeah you did really good, if you want, you could be a runner by tomorrow morning. I'd just have to confirm with Alby." I nodded, and the game continued.

Newt grabbed my arm and gestured for me to follow him. 

"You know I care for you right?" I nodded slowly. 

"If you care for me, you won't be a runner." 

I froze. 

"What? You can't do that." 

"You decide, be a runner with Minho, or be with me."