17 - Jordyn Parker

My roommate hugs me like we've met before. I smile sheepishly at the door and she collects my backpack from my shoulders and lift my luggage to take them inside. I look around the spacious room and notice two beds; each at the far end of the room.

I wonder which one is mine.

As if reading my thoughts, she says "Oh, that's yours." she points to one at the far end that looks beautiful. The colours and how its all arranged.

If I didn't know better, I'd say Jordyn Parker knew my taste.

"Your dad really loves you."

I whip my head to hold her gaze immediately with a brow arched in silent question.

Her shoulders comes up in a shrug as she laughed, "What!" she bit one corner of her lip as she tucked her hands into the front pocket of her Jean, "He chose the color of your bed space, the wastebin, the lamp, the desk and chair and a skincare fridge compartment-"

I blink at that. Surprised. "My dad?" I doubt and you surely can't blame me.

"Yeah," she grins. "Well, I'm Jordyn Parker your roommate" she stretches a hand and I shake it.

"Sophia Animashaun. How did you know my dad?" I have to ask.

"The apartment agent told me. I live here for two sessions so having roommates is part of my life." she snorts. 'As an occupant, I need to know whoever is coming into the room and whatever is going on in the room, when I'm around and when I'm not.'

I nod my head in awe as I listen to her. I still can't believe that my dad did this. How did he know I love the color blue too? I love Pop smoke that's why I love blue as well. The skin care fridge is blue too.

To say I'm surprised would be an understatement. He uses my mum's face cleanser at home, takes it whenever he travels and comes back with a new set of skin care products for my mum. I think I know the reason for the fridge.

"Do you need help?" Jordyn ask.

"Yes, I do need help'. I reply, going over to my bed and falling face flat on it. I sigh at how soft she is and grip my soft mattress, smiling.

'You have to be ready for class in two days, babe.'

'Yeah, I have my department timetable and many more.' I mumble. I sit up and open my luggage to remove my hangers, clothes and shoes.

'I can help you with that.' Jordyn points at my plies of clothes.

I leave her for the bathroom to place my toiletries in my space.

The room is comfy, bright lights, sweet smell of girliness. I walk back into the room, heading for my work space where my desk and chair are located. I sit on the chair, gesticulating how I would act when I place my disc jockey equipments on it.

The only thing relating to academics that'll rest on my table will be my laptop, because I can just minimise my virtual DJ app and do my assignments then go back to it.

If I want to read, I will sit on my bed or I wanna act like an hardworking girl, I take away my disc jockey equipments and place only my books and laptop on the desk for the main time.

Oh! That won't happen! Stress mehnn. I chuckle as I think.

'Mogbe!' I shout as I remember that I haven't called my family to tell them that I've arrived in Vancouver. I removed my phone from the back pocket of my trousers.

'Slow down, babe.' Jordyn smile as she knew why I shouted that way. I search for my mum's number in my contact list and facetime her.

Luckily, she answers on the third ring.