15 - Departure

Sophia's POV;

I watch people come and go in the airport. Looking down at my watch, I wonder if I'm too early. My flight will take off at 10am but my parents and i got here by 8am.

I already ate the fried plantain and stew that my mum packed for me. So all I'm left with is my apples. I eat them silently as I wait.

Daniel is beside my mum, probably talking about the new girl he must have met this week or last week. Unlike me, he is close to both parents and honestly, I don't know how he does it. Daniel is my closet family.

While we were still waiting, my dad meets an old friend and they spoke a bit.

I excuse myself from the rest and go to the rest room. I was humming one of pop smoke's songs when I closed the door behind me. I turn and see a thick girl changing her sanitary pad.

"What are you looking at?" she slams.

"Hell! It wasn't intentional. I'm sorry." I apologise, with my hands together.

"Yenyenyen, it wasn't international." she mimics with mock.

"Yo, I said Intentional not international."I scoff with what I just hear.

"What would that do for you? Give you something infront and at your back, Abeg Abeg."

Really? Why do people choose to stoop so low as to bodyshame.

I haven't seen her face yet and she's already bodyshaming me. Yeah, she's thick but I have to see that face to be sure if she's a complete package.

Lagos girls na wa o.

"At least, learn how to speak to strangers. It will do you good."

"Aren't you ashamed this small girl? You lack respect, honestly. Your bones are more visible than the respect you have for people."

Somebody should hold me. A spiritual force should get hold of me because I'm about to descend on somebody's child. Using the broom at the back of the door won't be a bad idea.
She raise her head. Wetin be this?

"Your spoken words are attractive than your physical look." I say instead of physical force.

She's boiling already.

Anyways, I can't fight. I have to wash my hands and leave. My urine has gone back to its bladder. It's more than five minutes i guess. I rush back to meet my family and luggage.
It's time for me to leave our motherland. I hear my flight being announced. I hug my dad first, then my brother and my mum. I could see tears in my mum's eyes. I hug her again.