Part 2.2: His Mother

A/N: I'm skipping Lee's conversation with you because typing out a phone call is boring, as well as the fact that nothing impactful happens in that scene. Sorry, Lee fans! ;w;

You were laying in bed when you heard rattling coming from your window. What was that? You swallowed some saliva, opening the window to investigate.

' Cove? ' You observed your friend's ocean eyes in surprise. Why is he here, and trying to climb into your window, no less!
He climbed into the window and sat on the bed.

' Um- Hi. ' He shyly greeted you.

You embraced your opportunity to joke, or flirt- depends on your point of view.
' What's up, Romeo? ' You giggled.

' Um- yeah. I had to talk to you and I couldn't wait until tomorrow. '
' I'm all ears, Cove. What is it you need to say? '
He sighed. ' I- My dad was talking to my mom on the phone. '

' Oh, are you going to stay at your mom's again? ' You questioned. It wasn't the first time he went to go stay at his mother's house for a week or so.

He shook his head. ' That's what I thought too, but it turns out my mom is coming here! '
You gazed into his eyes- His cute, bright eyes... AHEM. Anyways- He seemed... sad? no, but he also seemed angry.
' It's just- They could barely be in the same room as each other for more than 10 minutes, but now we're all gonna live together? It's just- '
His eyes became misty.
' Hey, hey. It's okay Cove. I know that's hard to deal with. '

There was silence. You took this time to think about the day before: The fruit present, Jeremy, and now Cove...
' Y/N? Are you okay? '
' Hm-? Oh, yeah. I'm okay. ' And you meant every word.
' Okay, Because I wanted to ask- Um- Could I stay for a little while longer? I kinda- '
' I have a flashlight and cards. Are you in? '
He smiled brightly at your response.

In order to try to comfort him, you took his hand in yours. He tensed up a bit, but his expression became more natural.

You just hope this will become a more regular thing...