Just Warming Up

I stretched my back out and then looked at the red haired woman.

Me:" Last chance to back out."

Nat:" Not a chance."

I smiled and stood there waiting for her to take the first shot. She quickly started running at me and I jumped in the air floating a bit back down to the ground. Nat looked at me with bewilderment in her eyes. I then started by freezing her with my mind.

Me:" I have telekinetic powers and I can manipulate everything around me. For your sake I won't use my powers again."

I let her go and started dodging her fists. I giggled as I did a flip backwards and got out of Nat's way. At this point I saw all the Avengers watching us on the viewing deck. I decided to flip and kick to distract Nat. I started throwing fist and Nat dodged all but the last one. I took a step back and waited for her to recover.

Nat:" Who taught you?"

Me:" Some of the best teachers in the world."

I brushed my hair out of my face and settled my heart rate. She tried to go at me again and I pinned her in no time.

Hill:" That's enough Mia."

I nodded and stood up.

Bruce:" Mia do you mind helping me and Tony in the lab?"

I nodded and started walking up the steps.

Nat:" Good job kid."

Me:" Thanks."

As I walked into the lab Steve had his eyes fixed on me. I leaned against the counter and looked at the screen that Tony was working on.

Me:" What are you working on?"

Tony:" Hill asked me to work on a suit for you."

Bruce:" Said you have been wearing a t-shirt and jeans as a uniform."

Tony:" Not very secretive."

Me:" I think that's fine. I would suggest a little less on my knees so I can move a little better."

Tony:" I don't know you might lose integrity."

Bruce:" Well if we change the material to something just a little more flexible."

Tony:" That might work."

We started talking materials and had started working quickly. I was laughing and talking with them consistently. I wasn't as nervous around them especially Tony and he handed me a drink, but I placed  it back on the table.

Me:" I'm not 21 yet."

Tony took the glass back and looked at me.

Tony:" How old are you?"

Me:" I'm 17."

Bruce:" You said you had three degrees."

Me:" I do, I graduated high school when I was 15."

Tony:" Your parents must be very proud."

Me:" My mom is. My dad wasn't around. Mom was a one night stand and I just know I got my smarts from him."

They all got quiet and looked anywhere but me.

Me:" Its all good my mom worked her butt off to give me this amazing life."

I tapped the screen in front of me and looked up to Tony.

Tony:" When's your birthday?"

I cleared my throat and looked back at the screen.

Me:" June 14th."

I pushed the floating diagrams away and looked at the robots to the side building the suit we designed. Tony just kept looking at me and then I heard heels come in the background. 

Bruce:" How about you try on the suit when its done?"

Me:" Yeah sounds great. When do we eat?"

Red Head:" I can order some pizza."

Tony:" Mia this is Pepper."

Me:" Nice to meet you."

I shook her hand and she kept looking at me.

Pepper:" Wow you look so familiar."

I laughed and pushed my hair back.

Me:" Well I'm sorry I guess I just have that face."

She smiled and nodded as she picked up her phone calling in the order. I turned around as Bruce pulled the suit from the table.

Bruce:" What do you think?"