video killed the radio star

═════ஓ๑「𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚖𝚜」๑ஓ═════
dream

RADIO

PLEASE
JOIN

IT'S BEEN LIKE A MONTH SINCE I'VE
WHITELISTED YOU

YOU HAVE THE IP

JUST PLEASE JOIN ALREADY I CANT TAKE
MUCH MORE OF EVEYRONES COMPLAINING

What?

Dream, I'm kind of busy.

PLEASE what are you doing

I'm grinding on Genshin. I want to get Keqing
before the Hu Tao banner replaces hers.

you can do that later please

im going to cry

Cry me a river, hoe.

___
karl jacobs

hello radio! :D

i saw that ur now in the dsmp discord server! that 
means uve been whitelisted right?

ive been thinking about doing karaoke with the
boys and ive figured that this would be the
perfect thing to welcome u to the server
(even tho its a separate server shh)

u dont have to join if u dont want to btw

ur free to decline ofc

Hello, Karl Jacobs!
I'm sorry I couldn't respond any sooner. I'm open
to the idea! I'd love to do karaoke with you guys.
When are you planning on doing it?

god ur so formal
it's making me feel inferior

anyways we were actually thinking about doing it
tonight,,, tonight as in like 
in a few minutes

sorry for such short notice :(

First of all, Karl, this is a social media platform. It
doesn't matter whether you're formal or not. I do
this unintentionally; subconsciously, even.

Second of all, the timing is great, actually!
Dream's been pestering me to join, and I finally
caved in. I can do today. I'm going to join the
server in a few minutes.

Third of all, I'd like to thank you for inviting me,
today. You didn't have to, yet did it anyway. I
appreciate it a lot, Karl.
:] 

omg u used a semicolon i could never
this isnt helping sob

join vc 4 pls :D

═════ஓ๑「𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎」๑ஓ═════

        "i guess we're moving to minecraft, then," (y/n) told chat, closing genshin. "someone just dmed me to get the fuck on. no keqing today, as per usual... i hate it here."

         ever since they quit their job, they'd been streaming more. they found it wasn't as draining as their previous jobs, and they loved it for that. plus, they could spend their time with the more important people in their life. that didn't exclude priya. she popped in streams from time to time, shifting (y/n)'s conversations into something way worse and way funnier. content, pog.

        (y/n) joined the server. their avatar stayed still for a minute, staring straight at the box that encased them. chat could hear the cogs in their mind turning.

        (y/n) frowned. "what the fuck is this?" they undeafened.

        "—o now we're just waiting for radio to undeafen... oh, hello!" a cheery voice said. (y/n) assumed it was karl. "i'm karl! it's me, karl jacobs. [...] guys, this is the part where you introduce yourselves. introduce yourselves...!"

        (y/n) cleared their throat. "i'm radio."

        "wow, truly inspiring," someone sassed. they sounded like a basic chad wannabe. "what? excuse me?" fuck, (y/n) said that aloud, didn't they? "i'm not a wannabe. i'm the literal definition."

        "weird flex, but okay... go off, i guess, bestie..."

        "introductions are going on too long!" karl cut in. "radio, meet sapnap, ranboo, bad and quackity!"

        "oh!" (y/n) snapped their fingers. "i've talked to some of you. er, one of you."

        "were you blackmailed to do this, too?" ranboo jokingly asked. he got close to his mic. "karl's chat, that was a joke. that was a joke, chat. i did not get blackmailed—"

        karaoke night was more fun than (y/n) originally thought it'd be. karl had the superpower of not being scouted and kicked in the ass for copyright, somehow. it was horrifying, the power he held. they'd sung so many copyrighted songs so care-freely.

        ranboo was currently pouring his heart and soul into lemon demon's "the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny." karl and (y/n) were hyping him up in the background, ooh-ing and whispering little 'let's go!!'s. he finished, out of breath.

        "who hasn't sung tonight?" karl asked, rolling his seat closer to his desk. "i think everyone has, right?" they'd all collectively sung country roads, and (y/n) jokingly did one verse of the the backstreet boys' "i want it that way."

        "i could go again," (y/n) spoke up. "i don't know what i'd sing, though. any suggestions?"

        karl clapped eagerly. "what about video killed the radio star? get it, because you're radio? wait, no, that'd mean you would die—"

        "i love dying. let's do it."

        "nice! i'll be the background?"

        "yes! please, i— BYE I ALMOST MISSED THE CUE—" karl laughed, almost falling out of his seat.

        (y/n) inhaled, shaking their hands nervously. they'd taken vocal classes when they were, like, seven, but surely they were rusty and crusty. they probably sounded as good as tommyinnit (little did they know tommy could actually sound good when he wanted :rolling_eyes: :splayed_hand:).

        the small introduction passed, and (y/n) silently and nervously vibed, singing the words by memory. their voice was shaking the entire time, which made them shake their head once the chorus hit. karl and bad sang the "video killed the radio star" parts. (y/n) whispered it.

        karl was up and dancing. he had to admit, (y/n) was really good at singing!! their voice was almost angelic, like james charles'! kinda... honk, he was smiling so much today, and he probably knew why. 

        he'd been a fan of (y/n) for a little while, now. of course, they'd seemed interesting, and karl was intrigued by them and what they did (shitty minecraft builds and horribly executed genshin fights). naturally, he was excited when he saw they were added to the dream smp.

        he never expected to be singing with them. especially a funky song from the buggles that was literally their "theme song."

        the song ended, the final chords fading out. (y/n) was blushing, but more so from embarrassment than anything else. that was really fucking embarrassing. ew, they didn't want to watch the vod. they probably sounded like, in karl's words, dog water.  

        they stuttered out a goodbye and left the vc. they were so tired. and embarrassed. tired and embarrassed. ew, they just remembered that was live.