At the hospital

"Another day taken up by hospital waiting rooms, obsessive sunscreen application and bland, simple food" Florence muttered under her breath, the sharp antiseptic smell stinging her nose and eyes. Neville, sitting beside her, (who seemed used to the uncomfortable hospital chairs and disgusting smell) started to apply his third layer of sunscreen since they entered the waiting room. "Sir... we're inside?" She said, wondering why he was so crazy about sun protection. "Better to be safe than sorry! And besides, that window is quite close". Florence giggled slightly and turned to look at the half open window to their left. Even though he could be annoying at times, Neville was kind, if a little, well.. allergic, and a good friend.

Sitting in the doctors waiting area reading some sort of book or encyclopaedia wasn't really a new experience to him, nor the constant teases about allergies and various rashes from friends, family and colleagues. That being said, it was his first time being there with a friend. Usually he went alone, since no one wants to wait hours in a smelly, stuffy room when you're not even being treated. "What are you reading?" Florence's voice cut through his thoughts abruptly. "Oh, uh.. yeh, it's the giant book of world facts" he replied a bit shyly. People often found his choice in hobbies, especially reading, boring. With the majority of his childhood in waiting rooms and indoors away from risks, he had grown to like reading stuff like that fun. "That sounds interesting" she hesitated. Neville smiled slightly, he was used to this reaction, but somehow she actually seemed genuinely interested and kind. He was so lucky to have a friend like her, maybe even more than a friend...

"Neville Parker, room 467" the nurse spoke loudly, and he decided to stop thinking about Florence and head over to the doctor's room. He was taking it way too far, he thought.