|| Happiness in Home

AMMS

"Come on, you two?" Nandini sighed in surrender as I hustled them to sing together.

Zehnaseeb, Zehanaseeb
Tujhe chaahun betahasha zehnaseeb

Nandini initiated with such lightness in her voice, the winds coming in from the window to listen her sing.

Mere kareeb, mere habeeb
Tujhe chaahun betahasha zehnaseeb...

Manik sang with tenderness, his happiness emitting eyes zeroing to the girl.

—• ✰ •—

"How beautifully you both sing," I lauded admiringly, my hands joining for applause for the two. They came forward with their faces smiling and I welcomed them to sit beside me. Nandini inclined her head towards my lap, resting on it which was probably to hide her tears.

N A N D I N I

I sang, I just did. Memories were brought to life— just how beautiful my mom was when she lulled me to sleep; when I'd get all naughty and stubborn to eat. Life felt a little lighter and lighted until she was caged by God in heaven.

I inhaled heavily, my eyes dropped and I struggled to blink away the sleep though it wasn't of any help for gradually everything faded in front of me...

—• ✰ •—

"But Amms, why can't I stay for a day or two here?" I asked, saddened. "It's not like you can't, but Nandini, you have works, right? And I don't want Manik to be alone at his house," Amms stated, not even a microsecond did her expression change from being stern.

"No, no Amms. It's fine if she wants to stay here. I assure you of managing alone," Manik cramped our argument. "Weren't I working from here before? And why can't Manik stay here too? We two can stay no, Amms?" I implored. "Nandini, it's a no if I say so," she pressed whilst I puffed some air out of my system in a hurry and went to my room, undoubtedly annoyed.

A U T H O R

"Let her stay, Amms," Manik asked in the favour of her. "I really want her to but perhaps she will be finding about me suffering from brain tumour and that's what I don't want. Persuade her to come with you, Manik, please," she pleaded. He gave her a nod, his heart wretched hearing her.

He sauntered into her room to which she didn't budge or showed him a sign that she could feel him, sitting on the bed and biting her lower lip.
"Urm...you know you look that of an appetite alien," he spoke in an attempt to get her face rid of those frustrated expressions.

"Which means, you've seen an appetite alien," With sarcasm served in his plates casually, she smiled at him which presumably was to show she wasn't getting convinced, not easily at all. "Wow. So that's how you reward my good heart that deliberately wanted to light your face up with? How kind my wife is," he faked solemnity.

"You ain't backing off, are you?" huffed Nandini. "You can see me not doing that, can't you?" he spoke, rather challenged.

Their conversation took a pause and all of a sudden, Nandini bursted out in fits of laughter that horrified Manik as it was unanticipated. "What even?" Manik ridiculed.

"An appetite alien? Seriously, Manik?" She chortled, her laughter loud enough to break free through the walls. Manik smiled and thinking about it made him join her too.