|| His scars and real smiles

Nandini came out and there he was, leaning on his car. No doubt, he looked dashing in his ripped jeans and Tee.

The way he introduced her as a stranger, his thoughts undoubtedly disturbed her and it made her re-think the descision of going out with him but anyways she decided to give it a chance. After all she believed everyone deserves a second chance.

Manik liked how natural she was. She didn't cake her face up with cosmetics and yet she looked pretty, so pretty. He wanted to compliment her looks but he had a thought that they would be awkward-zoned, so chucking it away, he smiled at her and she smiled a little, having enough courtesy. Manik could see reluctance in her eyes and guilt seemed to have washed over his face.

"I can see, you don't want to come. It's okay." He spoke, though he wanted her to come with him, badly.

"I'm just confused. But.." She paused and observed his reaction. He surely didn't want her to back off. "Let's go." She concluded and he thanked her, not able to control himself from smiling. Both hopped in the car and he drove off to the destination. After about forty minutes, he stopped at a cliff and Nandini wasn't at all confident of how to react.

"Manik, here?" She asked him, totally confused, climbing off the car as he too came out. "Do you trust me, at least a little?" He asked to which she gave a little and simple nod. He stretched out his hand for her and she hesitantly gave in hers. Holding hands, he guided her to the edge of the slope.

"You're not gonna push me off the cliff now, are you?" She asked, though not so seriously. He chuckled and shook his head. He asked her to look down and as she did, she was enchanted.

"Manik, this—" She enthusiastically said, her eyes seemed to have caught the reflection of so many diamonds, diamonds in form of waters.

"My favourite spot since childhood," he said and they both looked down with admiration.

"Manik, this is sooo beautiful." She beamed. The moon effortlessly rested on the waters, imprinting its existence on it and in return, the waters danced leisurely.

Manik, sitting down, patted the place beside him on the blanket that was spread. She sat down, beside him and her eyes roamed all over the place.

"How do you know this place? I've never been here." She was nothing but happy.

"I used to come here with my Mom." He smiled lightly. She didn't speak anything after that and continued gazing at the surreal view before her. Chilly gusts of wind passed through them and the wind played with her hairs, messing them up. He stared at her before locking few of her hair strands behind her ear. A sudden electrifying wave fled across her as his hand tucked her hair locks in a leisure. She looked away after he was done and a peaceful silence engulfed them.

He sighed heavily as if trying to hold something back. "I was seven when my mother died. I was a mumma's boy." He chuckled, painfully though. "And like in films, my father became alcoholic since then. He didn't bother about me and married a woman who is greedy and manipulative after an year, saying that it was for my sake but actually no. He wanted to forget my mom and move on while pushing me into darkness." He revealed his past. Maybe that was why; that was why Nandini felt like sharing her past with him. Maybe, she saw the same glint of sadness in those beautiful eyes, just like hers. Maybe, she felt like he tried to endure the same pain, like her. Maybe, she saw the real person hidden in him. Little Manik was so polite and a kind hearted kid but his parents' life built him this way. In his eyes, people have to be selfish to survive in this world. But that wasn't his actual nature and he failed to pretend heartless to her. She placed her hand on his, caressing it.