Kabanata 11

Kabanata 11

NICHOLAS

THE WHOLE class and some of the students from other departments were invited. The party--well it's not really a party--was already started an hour ago. Some were singing on the karaoke, others were swimming and we were at the cottage drinking some sort of beverages. Not far from the cottage was the bonfire.

"Guys, let's play a game!" Randall exclaimed while holding the empty bottle of wine. "Spinning the bottle. Who's in?" He's eyes and face were already a bit red. He's tipsy maybe?

They went to the center and formed a circle including James, Jerick, Ken, Kev, Flavio, Randall and some of my other classmates.

"Nich, come join us," Gia said. I was about to decline it but I realized that it's Randall birthday and it's not time to be a killjoy. I nodded and walk towards then when Gia stand up and pulled me on his side. Hindi na ako nakapalag at umupo na rito. Lahat sila ay naghiyawan.

Ramdam ko ang isang mabigat na tingin at nang magpatingin ako sa harapan ko, nakita kong nakatitig sa akin si Flavio. He was sitting between Kev and Ken. Kev whispered something on his ears and right after that, he looked away.

Randall told us what are the mechanics of the game. If the head of the bottle pointed to someone, the person who spin the bottle will be the one to ask or dare that person.

Ken immediately said "dare," right after the bottle pointed to him.

Randall smirked before saying, "kiss the person who was in front of you." Agad na naghiyawan ang mga kasama ko habang mapang-asar ang mga mata. Si Cyril ang nasa harapan nito, kaibigan nila Gia.

"Easy," he said and then crawl towards Cyril and didn't hesitate to give her a peck on the lips before going back to its place like nothing happened, while the latter left speechless. Ken took turn spinning the bottle and it pointed Cyril. Not a coincidence, it's faith! "Truth or dare?"

"A-Ahmm... Truth," she said.

"Did you like the kiss?" Ken asked while a playful smile was playing on his lips. Naghiyawan na naman ang mga ito.

Cyril glared him. "No. It's disgusting," he said and roughly grabbed the bottle on Ken's hand.

"Ohhhh," we said in unison.

"So what's the feeling dude?" natatawang tanong nito sa kaibigan. Inirapan lang niya ito at 'di nagsalita.

When Cyril spinned the bottle it pointed Jerick. "Truth," he said boredly.

"May nagugustuhan kaba dito?" tanong nito.

Ipinasada niya sa lahat ang tingin nito at tipid na natawa. "Yeah," he said. "Ka-MU, takot daw sa commitments." Tipid na naman itong natawa. "I understand though. We're still young so I don't rush things."

"Daming explanation 'yan, Je. Sino ba?" singit ko.

"Name starts with S," sabi nito. Pinasada ko muli ang tingin ko sa lahat at napagtantong walang may pangalan samin na nagsisimula sa S. Aalma na sana ako nang sabay sabing, "Secret." Sabay tawa ng malakas.

Pinaikot niya ito at tumuro kay James. He asked if James's still a virgin and the latter didn't hesitate to say yes. Kev immediately followed a question but he said, one question at a time kuno. Honestly, I really thought he already had his séx! O baka hanggang blowjób lang? The fvck I am thinking?!

Sumunod ay tumuro kay Gia ang botelya. "Dare," hindi nagdalawang isip na sabi nito.

"Kiss my friend Nicholas," James said.