Video Game Night

Narrator's POV

"Bunny! Help me with maths please?" Richard asked, spinning his pen in his fingers staring at the math equations in his book. Squeezing his eyes, "UGH!! WHY DOES MATHS HAVE TO BE THIS COMPLICATED?!"

"Come on, Richard, it isn't too hard."
"Why do we need to learn how to solve triangles anyway... We don't even need them in the future!" Richard continues on to complain, his hands all over the place. "Maybe you don't, but you need to learn them to pass in your exams," Bunny said as she sat down across him at the dinner table. Which is laid out with papers and his textbook.

Richard flopped his head on the table with a thud while his sister looked at the equation he was stuck on. "I just wanna go play with Zee..." He muttered under his breath. Bunny lowered the book to look at her little brother. A smirk slowly appeared on her face. But she quickly hid it with the book before Richard could see. 

"If you want to hang out with them that badly, you can ask them to come over and help you with maths." She suggested. Knowing well that he and his group always do things better together. Plus, they can spend time together too.

Richard's ears jolted up upon hearing what Bunny said. He lifted his head up and looked at her, "You serious?!" He asked excitedly. Eyes big and sparkling. Bunny nodded. That's when Richard jumped up from his seat and was about to rush to phone his friends when Bunny suddenly pulled him back by the hood from the hoodie that he is wearing. "Hey!-" "Only if you promise me that you'll finish homework first before you guys do anything else," Bunny said. She knows that when Richard is with his friends, he will forget everything else other than to have fun.

"Gosh, you are strong..." He muttered under his breath. But Bunny heard him anyway. She rolled her eyes, "Just promise me."

"Alright, alright! I cross my heart." He said as he did the motion of crossing his heart. Bunny let go and he sped off like he had been captive for years. Bunny shook her head and chuckled. Right then, her phone went off.

"Doggy?" She asked herself upon seeing who had rung her. It's been a while since they talked. Wonder what he is calling for. Bunny took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi, Doggy."

"H-Hey, Bunny. How are you?"

"It's been great. What about you?"

"Tiring, to sum it all up really," Doggy said along with a laugh. Bunny giggled along too. "It's... Nice to hear from you. It's been a while," She unexpectedly blurted out. "I know. Sorry that we couldn't hang out before."

"It's alright, Doggy. I know how busy you can be." Bunny sighed but still kept the smile on her face.

Doggy sighs before finally asking what he wanted to say soon as she picked up, "I wanted to make it up to you though, so I was thinking that maybe...you wanna come over?"

"W-What?" Bunny blinked and felt confused. A little shocked by the question. "You know, just to talk and hang out for a bit." He added. Nervousness rising. "But if you don't wanna then it's absolutely alright. It was kinda sudden anyway." "Uhm, but Richard and his friends are coming over later, and my parents are out with work till this weekend," Bunny explained looking at Richard who is phoning his friends in the living room. "I couldn't possibly leave them alone in the house."

Doggy went silent, thinking of another way. "Maybe you can bring them over as well. I'm sure William would like to hang out too." 

"You sure it will be alright?"

"Sure it would. Would be a fun hang-out for us all. So? What do you say?"

"Uhm...s-sure! I'll go get Richard."