Ch 2: Pizza

AH!" Delia was almost yelling.

She was very frustrated that she saw Steve. I mean it was just a coincidence that they had ended up in the same coffee shop not two hours ago.

Delia unwrapped her bandages that were gripped to her hands and she threw them out. Her phone dinged and she checked it. She had only ever gotten one other text and that was from her uncle right after her parents died.

Hey Del. I'll be at our old restaurant tomorrow at seven. Please consider meeting me there.

Delia smirked at the text.

Our restaurant? God I haven't been there in too long. Delia no. You promised yourself that you would disconnect yourself from them. You can't meet him. Delia thought to herself.

She almost didn't see the creep walking up behind her. He went for her ass. Fortunately, Delia grabbed it just in time.

"Yeah, no chance pervert. Get your filthy hands away from me," Delia spat at the man.

He backed away with his hands up in defense, a wide grin on his face.

Delia stalked off and ran back to her apartment as fast as possible. She just wanted her comfortable bed to sleep in. That was all.

...

"I'll see you on Monday," Delia waved to her coworker as they made their way out the door.

Delia grabbed the keys and locked up the restaurant. She scurried out the door and checked her watch. It read six o'clock which meant she had about an hour to get ready and drive across town to the restaurant. Delia definitely missed her uncle and couldn't stop thinking about him ever since she had gotten that text last night.

Delia put on a pair of jeans and a random shirt that smelled clean. She grabbed her leather jacket and ran to her car, basically speeding to the other side of Manhattan.

She found the best parking spot and got out of the car. She walked to the front of the restaurant.

Linguini's Italian and Pizzaria.

Delia smiled as she remembered the times they had spent there after a brutal training. Pizza and a root beer was their order every time.

Delia carefully stepped into the restaurant and scanned the room. Her eyes landed on a familiar leather jacket. Clint had aged a bit, his wrinkled more visible and bags under his eyes were heavier. Those icy blue eyes were still hard to miss.

Delia took three deep breaths before walking up to his table.

"Just a root beer please," Clint told the waiter.

"Make that two."

The waiter nodded and left the table. Clint looked up at his niece. Delia had a small smile on her face as she sat down. Clint observed her. She looked older, about twenty three. Her hair was grown out and tied into a high ponytail. Delia's eyes were brighter somehow and she just looked older.

"Wow, Del you look so old," Clint finally managed to say.

"Thank you?"

"No I mean you just look older than the last time I saw you," Clint smiled.

Delia nodded and her smile widened.

"Medium cheese pizza?"

"You know it," Delia responded.

"I can' believe you met me here, I thought you never wanted me to contact you. But you did take my money," Clint smirked.

"Technically I have not used it. I also didn't want to take it but it just kept coming," Delia raised her eyebrows.

"What do you mean, you've never used it?"

"I have a bank account with all the money you've given me, stored in it," Delia shrugged.

"You haven't used it?"

"No. It's not mine."

"Yes it is."

"No. I don't need it," Delia reassured him.

"What do you mean?"

"I get by on my own from the inheritance mom and dad gave me. I used some of it to travel to Sokovia for a couple weeks and put the rest of it in bank accounts. I also have three jobs and I get minimum wage from them but I work my ass off and still find time to go to the gym, eat and sleep," Delia explained to him.

"You do that?"

"Yes, Uncle Clint I do. After what happened I couldn't just sit around and do nothing. Plus it distracted me," Delia said.

"So you didn't go to college?"

"No I didn't have enough money for that," Delia sighed, "I mean my money."

Why is it this hard to understand this?

"Oh ok," Clint settled.

"How is the team?" Delia tried to change the subject.

"Good. Hydra bases are fun to ruin," Clint smirked.

"I'm sure they are," Delia nodded.

And so, they talked. Clint told her about Laura, Cooper, and Lila. As well as their third kid.

"A third kid? Damn I remember when Cooper was scurrying around the house in footie pajamas and Lila was drooling all over you," Delia chuckled.

"You should see them sometime. I've told them about you and they really want to see you, if you are up for it," Clint said after he took a bite of his third and final slice of pizza.

Delia was silent. She didn't expect that. In fact she didn't expect this to be so easy after three years of being apart. She still could not believe it had been three years since had last opened herself to the public.

"Yes, I'd like that a lot," Delia smiled.

"Good. Lila is walking now you know, she's five," Clint hesitated, "I think."

Delia smirked and rolled her eyes at her uncle's terrible memory.

They talked till the restaurant closed, then went to the bar next door for a drink.

"It feels weird for you to drink," Clint's eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes well I was able to about two years ago and I still haven't got used to it," Delia shook her head. They both ordered a beer.

"So I was thinking, maybe you would want to come training with me some time. Like we used too. I mean I'm living at the Aveneger's tower and they have room for target practice," Clint avoided Delia's gaze.

"I haven't picked up a bow and arrow in three years, Uncle Clint," Delia mumbled.

"Really?"

Delia shook her head.

"You're probably pretty damn rusty then. You should come tomorrow, we can probably work something out. I'm sure Nat would be happy to see you," Clint smiled sheepishly.

"Ok fine. What time?" No.

"Wait really?"

"Yes." No.

"Six o'clock. Am."

"Am?"

"Yes."

"Only because I miss you," Delia pointed at him. Why'd you do that. Your mouth is moving but your brain is saying the opposite. No.

Clint nodded and chuckled.

If only she knew what she was getting herself into that night.