Ch 3: Training

Delia was frozen in front of the towering building. A big A was shown on the side of it. This was it. This was the moment she had been dreading for almost three years.

Delia felt glued to the ground, like there was no way she could handle the grief that this building put her through. And she didn't even know if she liked the Avengers or not.

Yes, the Chitauri technically had killed her parents, but somehow it was their fault. It was Loki's fault and it was her fault for not being able to save them.

Delia found her feet moving without her permission. They moved to the front entrance then her arm lifted to the door and she walked through it. Up to the elevator and it whirred her up to the floor her uncle had told her about.

The elevator door slowly opened and several heads snapped towards her.

"Delia?"

"Delia!"

"Hi," Delia smiled sheepishly.

Clint guided her out of the elevator and into the middle of the room. Bruce was there standing in between Tony and Natasha. Steve had a hard look on his face with his arms crossed, as always. Thor was looking at Delia with a small smirk on her face.

"Is this it? I thought at least Sam would be here or even Rhodey," Delia scoffed. The awkwards silence continued as everyone looked at her in surprise.

"I told you she would be coming," Clint said under his breath as he looked around at his team.

"Didn't expect her to actually show up. Look she isn't the most reliable person, Everdeen," Tony said from the corner of his mouth.

"Hilarious Tony," Delia rolled her eyes.

"Are you all going to keep staring at me like that?"

Natasha snapped out of her trance and a smile spread on her lips. She walked up to Delia and gave her a hug.

"You look hot," Natasha whispered in her ear with a smirk.

"Do I?" Delia whispered back.

"Yeah, Steve is drooling over you."

Delia looked at Steve who was staring at her. She muffled a laugh as best she could and they released from the hug.

"Ah I haven't seen you since you were younger, Miss Barton," Thor gave a quick bow and pulled her into a bone crushing embrace.

"It hasn't been that long."

She shook hands with Bruce and nodded to Tony.

"No hug for me, Barton?"

"No, Tony I don't like you. Remember?"

"Oh right. Well I'm here if you need one," Tony winked at her.

"Hi Steve," Delia smiled and hugged him.

"Delia," Steve smelled her hair as he said her name. Delia seemed oblivious to this.

Natasha cleared her throat and Steve looked up. Nat was wearing a wide smirk on her face and Steve glared at her.

"Are we training or no?"

"Yeah, let's do it," Clint grabbed Delia's duffle bag off the ground and they headed for the elevator.

When the door closed behind them, Steve let out a breath.

"Real subtle, Mr. America," Tony patted him on the back.

"What?"

"You think after three and half years, you would stop sniffing her damn hair, Steve. I mean you guys dated for what, a month? Before you called it quits," Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes.