1.0

For Hours, Y/N laid in her bed staring at the ceiling. She kept replaying Nathan's words over in her head. "I won't bother you anymore.... I promise." He had said a bunch of things like that before as a joke, but this time, there was so much certainty inside his tone.

He was really gone.

There was no describing how Y/N felt, she didn't know if it was a mix of loneliness or numbness. She just felt broken... and Empty. She felt like she could scream at the world and she still wouldn't make a sound.

The girl was becoming lost in her thoughts, drowning in negativity that was as ice cold as the sea, the sea foam was remnants of her mistakes- soaking into her skin and haunting her with memories that would never fade.

A loud smack against her door brought Y/N out of her whirlpool of thoughts. Her bedroom door swung open and Susan stood there with a desperate expression. "You need to get your act together and get to the airport." she demanded, walking over to the bed and tearing the blankets off of her daughter.

Y/N was beyond confused, her sweatshirt, clinging to her body as she sat up- her sweatpants were sweaty from the heat and her hair was a mess of tangles. "What are you talking about?" she asked, voice slightly pained and raw.

"Youre going to get into your car and drive to the airport, and stop that boy from leaving." she shoved her daughter down the stairs and towards the front door.

Y/N halted in her steps as her mother tried to push a jacket onto her shoulders- the sun had set and the chill was taking over the city. "Mum what are you saying- no i'm not." she tried to push back but Susan was having none of it.

Grabbing her daughter's biceps, she forced the girl to stop and look at her. "Yes you are Y/N- because if you don't youre going to regret it for the rest of your life." she looked her deep in the eyes, she was serious.

Y/N listened to everything her mother was saying. She was right, she had to stop Nathan from leaving or she would never forgive herself. Realization crossed her face and Y/N nodded eagerly. She grabbed her car keys and pushed herself out of the front door.

She was only wearing a pair of socks and slides and she looked awful- but there was no time to waste. Nathan's parents were sitting on the front porch and saw Y/N rush out of the house like a madman. "Honey are you okay? Where are you going?" Kathy called out.

Y/N didn't even stop to look at them as she yelled. "To tell your son I love him!" she squeaked, slamming the car door behind her as she got in.Within seconds, she had backed out of the driveway and sped away from the neighbourhood.

The flashing lights on the highway did nothing to stop Y/N from speeding up and making her way to the airport- she wasn't going to let Nathan slip away, she couldn't, she couldn't let him leave- not like this.

Barreling through the traffic, she cut the hour drive to the airport down by thirty minutes. Parking somewhat haphazardly in the parking garage, Y/N looked across the airport- she was a long ways away from his gate. Thankfully Kathy had texted her the information during the drive so Y/N wasn't going in blind.

She glanced at her ankle and heard a voice come over the intercom. "Flight BA97 Departing to Colorado- boarding now."

It was a no brainer, Y/N took off from the parking garage in a sprint, making it through the airport- she was almost blinded by tears in her eyes, she had to make it.

She had to.

Her lungs burned while every single muscle in her body ached- pushing through the fire, she refused to give up. She couldn't lose him again.

As she rounded the corner, she saw a familiar head of dark blonde hair. "Nate!" she called out at the top of her lungs.

The man turned around and his blue eyes searched around until they landed on Y/N. He looked at the boarding officer. "Sir your ticket." she tried to reach out for it but he shook his head. "I ned a minute." he removed himself from the line and walked towards her.

Within an instant, Y/N had skipped the distance between them and brought him close, wrapping her arms around him. She pressed her lips to his firmly, not wanting to waste any time. The man melted into her touch and dropped her carry-on to the ground, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back deeply.

Kneading his hands into her hips, she felt his fingers pull at the short tuffs of hair on the back of his head. Pulling away breathlessly, Nathan sighed, taking a second to collect himself as his head rested against Y/N's forehead. "I love you..." she whispered. "Don't leave... please-" she begged him.

"Im a fuck up- I messed up, terribly... but i'm here." she told him. "I'm here and so are you... I can't let you go again Nate... It's just you... all I need is you." she wrapped her arms around him and pressed her head to his chest.

Nathan smiled, he tightened his grip around her and pulled her deeper against his chest "I'm right here... I'm not going nowhere." he promised her. "I've got you." Looking down at her he couldn't help but laugh softly. "Did you just run across the airport?" he asked.

Y/N giggled softly. "Yeah... I guess I did." she buried her head against his chest. Feeling his lips press to her head, Y/N knew that she was going to be okay.

She was going to be just fine.