She's a Good Girl

On a beautiful, sunny morning, members of the baseball team could be found on the training field, bright and early. The crushing defeat of the regulars the previous day had served as a reminder of the need for the players to practice and improve themselves. The faint chirping of birds that went about their morning ritual could be heard as the glittery, golden rays of the sun shone upon the high school boys filled with determination (in true shounen anime fashion). Truly, a picturesque sight. However...

"She's staring at us."

"I'm not ready to be boiled down to broth and eaten by a witch!"

"Is that the portal to hell?"

"I'm scared!"

"Mommy!"

A portion of the golden field had been dyed darker than the darkest black by the aura of one villainous heroine. Her deep, ruby stare penetrating the very souls of the players that passed by her domain during their training, bodies quivering in fear of her wrath. No one said a word against her domineering presence. They remember all too well the carnage that had transpired during last night's dinner because of one fool who dared try to strike a deal with the devil.

"Hey."

The tense atmosphere of the normally rowdy dining hall was cut by a single word. All attention was drawn to a table on the side which only one person sat. A black-haired second year stood glaring down at the seated wavy-haired blonde who completely ignored his attempts at trying to gain her attention and continued eating.

The male grits his teeth and slammed his hand next to the food tray the girl had been eating from. "Listen here you damn brat!"

Hana sighed at the silence of her one-woman table having been broken by the buffoon in front of her.

"What d'ya want?" Her sharp tone filled with the warning of her souring mood.

"You think you can waltz in here like you own the place huh? Don't you think you're getting a little too cocky First-year?!!"

"Not particularly." Hana deadpanned, chin place in the palm of one hand.

"HAH?!"

"Your best members couldn't defeat me. That puts me at the top of the food chain. Now where does that leave you ... Oh, who are you again? Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to learn the names of unimportant mob characters."

"You bitch!"

"You're the one who's barking like a dog." She rolled her eyes at the angered male and adjusted the straps of her striped tank top, to which her aggressor took immediate notice.

A smirk crawled upon his face as he licked his lips. His anger seemingly vanished with faux confidence taking its place.

"And yet you dress like that? Go ahead and roll over like a bitch in heat." His eyes traveled up and down her body, drinking in the sight of her tank top and athletic shorts. "I might decide to be gracious if you beg me for it."

Much to the surprise of the onlookers who were getting ready to step in, Hana broke out into laughter and her signature smirk soon rested on her face.

"We both know you aren't interested in that. Or rather, that's not the team you bat for." She then turned around and scanned the area behind her that she noticed the male's eyes had always traveled to. She then pointed to a brown-haired boy that sat at the table behind her, whose face quickly flushed after being called out.

Whispers then broke out amongst the baseball team at the implications. Hana stood up and was eye-level with the black-haired male who had begun to recoil into himself. She allowed her eyes to roam over the boy whose confident attitude had completely disappeared.