Prologue: 1695

1695

He didn't know if it was too much liquor that lead to his eyes decieving him, or if this was all really happening.

He woke up on the floor, eyes wide and memory unstable. He turned his head and took in all he could of what was around him.

He was in a small hall, and the ceiling had paintings of flowers on it. Simple yet beautiful. But as he took in in the air, he smelled something rancid.

He tried to remember anything, but his head ached and his eyesight blurred.

When it finally returned to normal, he looked around again and felt horrified with what he saw.

The wall patterns were stained with fresh blood. The tables were all toppled down, and the chairs were just the same. The cake, the food, and the beverages

were all on the ground. Everything was out of place, all covered in blood. But the worst was that scattered around the place were bodies.

"No--" he barely whispered.

He tried getting up, and he felt his legs respond weakly. "This is not possible." He said breathlessly, as he walked over the toppled tables and chairs.

He approached one of the bodies covered in blood. She was no longer breathing and her skin was pale. He ran to the other body, which was just the same.

"Wh-what has happened!?" his voice shaked. He gathered up his strength and yelled. "ANNE!"

"ANNE, WHERE ARE YOU!?"

His chest felt heavier as he walked around.

He came closer to a more familiar body.

"Mr Hunter..." He said desperately, tears rolling down his cheek.

He was the same.

Pale. Lifeless.

Dead.

Beside it was a woman in a beautiful dress, filled with blood.

He pulled her up and hugged her, sobbing quietly.

"Anne... What did they do to you..?"

"What happenened..." he tried to remember, but he was taken back to several hours ago...

• •

He was walking in a big garden with a woman who had curly brown hair up to her shoulders, naturally pink cheeks and insanely fair skin. Her green eyes seemed to turn into gold from time to time, depending on what it reflected. She had a colorful big dress and she smiled sweetly at him.

"It is sure, you will arrive?" she asked him excitedly.

"Yes, dear Anne, I will surely arrive," he smiled at her the way two close friends do.

"Thank You for the assurance, Spence, my, I..." she smiled as her cheeks turned a stronger shade of pink. "I would not want you, my best friend, to miss it!"

She held his hands tight and looked directly into his eyes.

"I can't believe we're getting married." she said happily. Spence felt a surge of happiness in him, too, when he heard the word 'married'.

"And I greatly Congratulate you, my sweet. Mister Hunter is way beyond 'lucky' to have you as his wife."

"And I Love him so." she looked up at the sky, her cheeks flaring up. "But my dear Spence, I have a friend who is lacking a companion. She is very, hmm. How should I say this? Ah, very conservative and quiet around men."

"Then I will ask her to dance with me. What is her name?" Spence smiled cheekily.

"Her name is--"

• •

He felt a sharp pain in his head.

"I can not lose you Anne," Spence cried.

"And you shall not." A female voice behind him billowed.

When he looked, there was nothing.

"I... am only dreaming!" he tried convincing himself.

"You are not dreaming, mortal." The voice said again. "Or should I now call you 'Immortal'?"

Then out of the shadows materialized a graceful looking woman, who looked kind yet intimidating at the same time. She had a faint smile on yer face, yet her eyes seemed to posses sorrow in them. Her hair was darker than black and it fell down to her waist. Her skin was pale, and if she wasn't moving, he might as well mistake her as dead. Just like everything else that surrounded him.

"But about dreams," she edged closer to him. "I'm afraid you must prepare many dreams, for you shall be needing it."

"What?" Spence looked at her in disbelief. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM!?" He screamed, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"The same thing I have done to you." she smiled.

How is it possible that she smile at something as terrible as this? Spencer thought

"I apologize." she didn't stop smiling, but her eyes seemed more sorrowful than before. "I have not meant for their deaths. I was merely searching for the one."

"The one what?" Spence asked shakily.

But the woman was gone.

"Wait! Tell me! What am I now!?" Spence searched the shadows for her, she was nowhere to be found.

But her voice was still there:

"You shall find out in the future, what you are."