Dance

Dick POV

"So tonight's the dance and I don't have a date for the dance." Barbara finishes.

"Well that sucks. But at least you don't have to go with that loser jack!" I comment. "What if we went together?"

"Like you and me? The two of us, like together..."

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I say.

"Cause you're my best friend, it would seem like a putty date."

"Well, 1) it is. 2) I have nothing better to do 3) we might actually have fun." I say.

"Really?" She says happily.

"Yeah!"

"Okay sure! It'll be fun!" She say. The bell rings. "Come on let's get ready for class."

I pick my backpack up from the ground. And head to our lockers. We make our plans for tonight, I'll pick her up from her house at 7:00. Kinda worried I won't be able hid my feelings for her, but I guess it'll be okay.

-------------

Dressed in a suit, which I kinda hate, but kinda have to. It's 6:43 right now, I should pick up Babs now. I guess I'll take the viper.

"Bruce! Alfred! I'm leaving!" I call upstairs.

"Bye!" They call back.

I go out to the many cars and pick out the viper. Grab the keys from the rack and head out. By the time I get to Barbara's apartment it's 7:03. I knock on the door and wait. Her dad opens.

"Oh, hi sir." I say. "Is Barbara ready?"

"Well actually, I told her some bad news, and she took off. I don't know where see would be, you know her better than anyone. Could you look for her."

"Yeah, of corse. I'll find her and call you."

"Thank you so much Richard." He says. I quickly get down to my car and go to the place I know she'd be. The duck pound at the park.

"Barbara! You dad was worried sick, why are you out here by yourself?"

"You know my dad's girl friend?"

A/n I know the comic book story with Barbara's mother but for the sake of this story, I'm changing it.

"Eh, yeah last time I saw her the first thing she sad was 'nice hair, what did you swim here?'"

"My dad asked her to marry him." She says.

"Oh, babs I'm sorry!"

"It just feels like he's forgetting about my mom."

"...Babs. Don't you want your dad to be happy?"

"Well of corse. But I just don't like her. I just want to forget this whole thing right now. You know what I want to do? I want to get drunk, like really drunk." Barbara says.

"Well okay. Um I think I know how we can do that..." I say.