A Lonely Night

Hawkmoth stood in the familiar shadows of his lair, searching for his newest masterpiece, hoping that it will be the one to finally defeat his enemies. Over the past few days, he sensed negative emotions, but the strongest ones he could find were too weak to manipulate. He despised this. The people of Paris were fighting back his attacks.

Yoga and anger management classes were filling up by the minute. Most Parisians were looking out for others, noticing little details to help out anyone in need. There were even beginning to be group counseling sessions that were being held around the city for people who have been akumatized; an attempt to make sure the victims did not feel guilty about what they did as villians.

The supervillain was just about to give up for the night when he felt it. The sense of pure fear. This feeling, however, felt familiar to him, like he had felt it before. Sandboy, of course. The little boy whose akumatization was caused by a nightmare he had was about to be transformed into a villain once again.

Hawkmoth summoned a butterfly to his open palm, turning the bright white butterfly into the dark purple and black akuma that everyone feared. "Fly away, my little akuma, and evillize him!"

The akuma flew through the Parisian night sky towards the room of it's target. The boy is sitting up in his bed, arms wrapped tightly around his pillow, trembling with tears streaming down his face. He had no idea of the akuma coming in through his window and entering his pillow. Suddenly he stopped trembling with fear as the purple mask hovered over his face.

"Sandboy 2.0, I am Hawkmoth, though you probably remember me. I am giving you the power to put people to sleep and experience their greatest fear the way you do, so they can understand your suffering. All I'm asking for in return are Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous. Do we have a deal?"

The boy did not hesitate to answer. "Yes, Hawkmoth." Sandboy 2.0 transformed flying through the window on his pillow and out onto the streets of Paris.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Marinette sat on her bed, sketching her latest design into her sketchbook. She just couldn't get that one little lily design to come out just right. Tikki hovered over the girl watching her work. Each new design amazed the kwami as much as the last. Everything today just seemed to be going just fine, or so Marinette thought. She did find it weird when Tikki suddenly flew under her desk.

The teenager looked up from what she was doing to go see what the kwami was up to. It wasn't like her to just get up and go with no explanation and no one immediately coming in Marinette's room. Unless a certain someone decided to pay her a visit. "Chat if you're there, you know you can come in." No response. "Chat?" Still nothing. Marinette put her sketchbook down and looked around her room. Nothing.

"If this is some kind of prank, it isn't funny!" Then she heard a sudden whoosh outside and then silence, which she found very strange. Those were usually followed by a thump on her balcony and a flirtatious alley chat climbing in. The realization came to her too late. "Tikki! Spot-"

That's when the sand hit her and she fell into her endless nightmare. Except, her greatest fear wasn't losing Adrien to another girl.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A/N - This is my first work. I hope you like what's next to come! <3