Chapter 6. Rain Must fall.

"Morning love." whispered a voice from beside me, I shifted against the tree and opened my eyes a little. My head had a dull throb from the alcohol but i'm just glad that i could remember every minute of it.

"Morning Newtie." I whispered. He chuckled at the nickname.

"Why are you sleeping against a tree, you have a hammock you know." he asked, still keeping his voice low, which I was appreciative for, thinking about it his hangover was probably worse than mne.

"I couldn't sleep last night so I sat down here to think." I answered honestly.

"You could have woken me up, I would have stayed up with you. I wasn't even that tired." stated Newt and I looked at him.

"You don't have to lie Newt, you were one of the first to fall asleep last night, it's okay. Thank you for the idea though. Next time I am so shoving you out of your hammock when you are drunk. That would be funny." I thought allowed and he pretended to be hurt and I chuckled.

"Come one, I know what will make you feel better." he said, beginning to get up.

"What?"

"Breakfast, come on." He helped me up and we headed to Fry Pans kitchen. Newt had a protective hand placed on my waist and I'm glad it was there, last night, when I was dancing with him and the gladers and talking to him, laughing with him. I felt safe and with him next to me, hand on my waist. I felt safer than ever. I turned my head to look over my shoulder at the doors. Open.

Newt and I ate breakfast, he told me that I would be trying out for jobs today but all I had on my mind was runner. I was going to ask him and Alby when Minho and Thomas got back from their runs later in the afternoon.

Unexpectedly, it began to rain incredibly hard. Everyone retreated to the shelter over the hammocks. The gladers chatted and played games as they waited for the rain to pass. I looked over my shoulder and saw Newt talking to Gally and Alby, all three looked concerned but those expressions faded when I approached.

"Hey love, you okay." Asked Newt. I nodded and turned so my body faced all three of them.

"Okay so this is called fun. I think you should try it some time."  I stood for a second but they all looked confused at my random statement. I turned and walked to the edge of the rain and I stepped out. Letting the water seep through my clothes. My hair was dripping wet within 20 seconds but I turned to look at the boys who had followed me to the edge.

"Come one." and I turned and ran into the open grass in the middle of the field. Jumping in puddles and splashing in mud. The water was refreshing and chilling and I spun in the rain, letting it seep right into me. I stopped when a figure stood in front of me and I looked at him. It was Newt and he grinned,

"Happy now Love?" he said loudly to be heard over the water.

"Ecstatic." and I jumped into his arms. He laughed and we spun in the rain, he put both his arms around my waist and lifted me into his chest, my face hurt from smiling. The others joined us and we ran, jumped, splashed and spun in the rain. Now this is what I call fun.