3. Another Me

Y: Wait... If I really am in 2013. Then what about my younger self??? She must be here too. I should go tomorrow and check.

I was thinking about that when my phone pinged. I looked at it and saw a text from Namjoon. I instantly started smiling.

(Texts)

N: It was fun talking to you. I hope we meet again soon❤
Y: The feelings are mutual😊
N: Really? So... uhm... About that...
Y: What?🙄
N: Are you free this Saturday?
Y: I am.
N: So... would you like to hang out?
Y: I'd love to😄
N: Cool!
Y: What's the plan btw?
N: It's a surprise. I'll take you to my all-time favorite place. I go there whenever I want to be alone. Even the other members don't know about it.
Y: Wow! I feel special😭
N: You're special❤ I've to go now. I'll text you again as soon as I am free.
Y: Okk. Take care💕
N: You too😘

He went offline and I started making dinner. I was smiling so much that my cheeks started hurting but I couldn't stop. What I was feeling right now, I've never felt anything like this before.

After dinner, he came back online and we chatted till midnight.

...Next day...

I was ready to leave.

Y: My cap and... What am I forgetting? Oh right! A mask.

I put on the mask and left the house.

After about an hour, I reached where my eomma's house was. I was just few steps away. At first, I hesitated to move further.

Y: I haven't been to this place since so long.

I started looking around, good old memories coming back.

??: Excuse me? Are you looking for someone? Do you need help?

'That voice!'

I turned around and looked at... (Y/n). Another (Y/n). I couldn't speak. She looked into my eyes.

Other (y/n): Hey! We have same eye colour! It's so exciting. Do you know it's one of the most rarest eye colour? I've never seen any person with green-blue eye colour other than mine.
(Y/n): Y-Yeah. N-Neither have I.

Before she could say anything else, the door to eomma's house opened and Nana came out.

Other (y/n): Nana!! Why are you coming out!? You need rest!!

She ran to her. I saw Nana and couldn't hold back my tears.

(Y/n): I missed you, Nana.

Without thinking anything else, I left. On my way back I kept thinking,

'I remember this day. I remember meeting someone too. Oh my God, I can't even imagine that I was talking to another me that time. And about Nana... She died after few days.'

My mobile started ringing. I looked at the Caller ID. Namjoon was calling me. I wiped my tears and picked up the call.

Y: He..llo?
N: Hel... (Y/n), are you crying? What happened? Is everything ok??
Y: Yeah. I am ok.
N: You don't sound like you're ok. I am getting worried. Where are you? I'll come right now.
Y: No no no. Wait. I am completely fine. I was... actually... I was missing my grandma.
N: Ohhh.. Do you want me to come and give you a big hug? I am really huggable, like a panda.
Y: *giggles* For me you're a koala.
N: *laughs* If you say so.
Y: Thank you for making me laugh, Namjoon. I feel a little better now.
N: *weird accent* My pleasure.
Y: *laughs* What was that?
N: *laughs* Nothing.
Y: Anyways, why did you call? Is it something important?
N: I texted you few times but you didn't replied. So, I got a little worried.
Y: Oh my. That's really sweet. But sorry for making you worry.
N: It's fine. No need to apologize. I sent you the timings and location where we are going to meet tomorrow.
Y: Ohh okk. I am really excited to see where you're going to take me.
N: You'll love it!

??: Namjoon!! Can you come here please?
N: Yeah. Coming!

N: *to you* I don't want to go. I want to talk to you a little longer.
Y: *chuckles* You should go. It must be something important. We can talk later.
N: Ok then. I'll go but you have to promise me that you'll not start crying again.
Y: *laughs* Ok. I promise.
N: If you feel like talking to someone, you can call me anytime.
Y: Thank you, Namjoon.

??: NAMJOON!!!

Y: Oh my God! Run! *laughs*
N: Ok bye bye bye...

He disconnected the call.

'Silly.' I said and smiled to myself. I noticed my heart was beating fast. 'What's happening to me!?'

...Time skip (at home)...

Y: Well... One thing is for sure that this all is not a joke and I did travelled back in time but how?? I don't remember anything.

Y: Thinking about my meeting with... another me. As far as I remember, I met her again. I have a faint memory of that day. Wait... my career. I had appointments. And what about the ones which I did till my present time?

Y: What am I even saying!? It doesn't make any sense.

I took out my portfolio.

Y: Obviously, incomplete. Well at least I've this one. When I worked with an entertainment industry. How old was I in 2013? 17, I think. Yeah, I did worked with them around this time. Which means I am 17 right now too. Ugh... So confusing!

I put it back.

Y: Anyways, what am I going to wear tomorrow?

I stood in front of my closet and looked at my clothes.

Y: Hmmmm...

That's when my phone got a notification. I looked at it. Namjoon texted me.
'Wow. At the correct time.' I thought to myself.

(Text)

N: Hey (Y/n). It's pretty late but I hope you're not sleeping right now😅
Y: Hey!! I am awake.
N: Wow! What were you doing?😯
Y: I was thinking what I should wear tomorrow. Suggest me. I don't know where we are going.😗
N: I am sure everything looks good on you💕
Y: That's not an answer. I am more confused now.😂
N: 😂😂 ok then. Wear something cute. Is this an acceptable answer?
Y: Yes. Anyways, how much scolding did you got earlier?😂
N: A lot. Don't laugh at me!☹
Y: I thought you were the leader and you boss around.
N: I am the leader but not the oldest. There are 3 members older than me. And 3 are younger.
Y: Ohh. So you're like the middle child of a family😂
N: Yeah. You can say that😂

We kept talking for about an hour. Then,

N: Are you sleepy?
Y: Just a bit.
N: Why aren't you sleeping then? You should've told me.
Y: I like talking to you😊
N: I-... Really?
Y: Yeah.
N: Well... uhm. I don't know what to say.
Y: Are you blushing?😏
N: No...
Y: I would love to see Namjoon's cheeks going red while he shyly gives his dimpled smile😄
N: Don't tease me.
Y: I am not teasing. I am just saying. You must be looking so cute right now🥰
N: Stop it, (Y/n)!😂
Y: 😂😂😂
N: Ok then. You should sleep now. And I should too😬 I almost got scolded again.
Y: Ohh! Who was it this time?
N: Jin hyung. The oldest member. He woke up suddenly and saw me using phone under the blanket. He poked me and asked, 'Aren't you going to sleep tonight?'😂
Y: 😂😂😂 And what was your answer?
N: I said I was working on a song and was writing it down. I got scared when he poked me like that😂
Y: You should seriously sleep before he wakes up again😂
N: I think so too. Good night. Sweet dreams😴
Y: Good night. Take care💕