【7】

"Well that was interesting to listen to," Reiner stated from the room next to Annies'.

"Yeah, who would have thought Bertholdt would actually confessed his undying love for the princess," Ymir mockingly said as she thought back to hearing Bertholdt's confession through the door of Annie's room, while she was still eating the popcorn that Sasha had provided for them.

"Should we tell Armin that Annie basically somewhat confessed her feelings for him or???" Sasha asked.

"Yes, Yes we should matter of fact I'm pretty sure he's hiding in the stables with Eren right now," Ymir eagerly agreed as she pranced out of the room they were in so that she could get to stables quickly.

As the three got to the stables they slightly overhead Armin talking to Eren, Connie, and Jean about if he should or shouldn't try to find where Annie went off to. Armin was getting a little worried since he didn't know why she walked away from their conversation after finding out that some of her friends were spying on them. The boy lightly sighed at the thought of her, he didn't know why he was still worried about her.

"You know Armin, she's in her room right now if you want to go see her. Plus she really needs someone by her side right now even if it's you, a village boy she had only met three days ago," Ymir suggested as her and the others came through the stable doors.

Armin didn't even realize it at that moment but his feet found their way out the stables to go find Annie. His ears slightly heard Sasha yelling at him about how Annie's room was in the west wing at the end of the hall, which is where he found himself to be within minutes. He looked at the door in front of him, hesitating about walking in unannounced. His hand lightly laid on the doorknob, almost twisting it open until he decided to knock.

"It's Armin," he said as his knuckles lightly knocked on the wooden door.

He quietly waited for Annie to answer him back, so that he could at least know that she knew that he was there waiting for her. After a few minutes of waiting, he quietly sighed to himself, and decided to walk away. As his feet started turning around he suddenly found his body being brought into a hug making him turn at the princess in front of him. He was startled at first, not knowing what to do, until he slowly wrapped his arms around her back lightly caressing her head as a sign of comfort. The boy could hear Annie lightly crying into his arms as he held her.

"Shh it's going to be fine, let's go in your room," he whispered for only her to hear.

Annie agreed and took his hand intertwining her fingers with Armin's as she took him into her room. Armin lightly took a seat onto Annie's bed as she sat on the floor hanging onto his legs for stability as she was still crying. Armin looked down at the girl below him feeling a wave of sadness hit him. He didn't like seeing anyone cry and for some reason he, especially if it was someone he liked or was friends with.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He quietly asked, ensuring that he was still trying to comfort her in a way. It took Annie a minute to get her tears together before she could speak properly.

"Bertholdt and I got into an argument," she said as she kept her gaze on the floor.

"What did he say, if you don't mind sharing."

Annie slightly looked up at Armin and started into his blue eyes that reminded her about the ocean. "He told me he was in love with me." She spoke quietly as her eyes were still looking into Armins. Armin looked down at Annie, pursing his lips indicating that he was surprised about what she had just told him.

"Do you love him?" He asked her with every ounce of courage he had. He didn't know why but deep down in his heart he was hoping that she would say no. He knew it was wrong especially since she was already destined to marry Bertholdt in about five days, causing him to not be able to get to know or fall for her.