C4: Middle School Savior

While wandering, I found myself in front of a bookstore. I was greeted by an old lady at the counter and started browsing. I went to a section and looked at their magazines. I noticed one with my face on it talking about me being the new heir.

They didn't even get my good side, I thought.

I hid it behind a vouge magazine and went to another section and then another. I kept on going to different sections not only because I was curious but because the only other guy in the store was following me. I went to the front of the store where the old lady was, starting a short conversation. I looked back and saw the man with two others, each of their wrists having a red-eye tattoo. I was certain they were no good. After finishing the small talk I went through the door.

As I was walking, I was speeding up my pace because I could tell that they were still following me. Every time I sped up, they would just pick up their own pace. I hid in one of the alleyways, trying to not get noticed. Trying to think of a plan, I spotted a group of middle schoolers walking by and I used my shortness as an advantage to hide amongst them. Of course, they were all confused about what I was doing.

"Girl, what are you doing?", one girl asked.

"Uh...I'm... trying to make new friends?", I said with the most stupid response.

"Making friends with little girls? I don't know if that's sad or just creepy ", another girl said. Her group started to walk faster, but I quickly caught up.

"Look, I really need to hide from some people and I need your help." She looked behind me and saw the men. "I'm guessing the ones wearing all black in July. Alright but on one condition"

"What is it?" She looked at my ears.

"I want your earrings. They're really pretty"

"Fine" I took them out and handed them to her.

"Nice doing business with you" She and her friends huddled around me and one of them gave me her hoodie to put on. They then brought me to an arcade and waited until the men were gone.

"Thanks", I said. "I'm sorry about all of this"

"It's"

"Wait, you look familiar", a girl interrupted.

"Wait, she's princess Magnolia!", another girl chimed in.

As the girls started to huddle around me I tried to inch away.

"No way! I'm with royalty!"

"Should I be bowing down?"

"Okay girls", I said laughing nervously, " how about this? You keep your mouth quiet and I will give you the matching necklace for the earrings"

They stepped away and talked amongst themselves before the lead girl responded. "You got a matching bracelet too don't you? We want that too."

"Whatever, fine." I handed them their reward and we parted ways.