Chapter 2: The Break Up

Kensi's POV

We all got to our locations and I looked over and saw Callen and Anna talking. I think they make a cute couple, to be honest. But not even 5 minutes later I saw Callen staring off into space with a blank look on his face.

"Hey Deeks" I said.

Deeks: Yeah?

"What happened to Callen?" I asked.

Deeks: Uhh, I don't know. Should we ask him?

"Uhhh, let's let them be for now, maybe we can ask them later what happened" I suggested.

Deeks: Yeah, you're right.

Callen's POV

After the mission:

We all got back into our cars after a successful mission. The trip back was pretty silent between Anna and I. After about 15 minutes of awkward silence Sam spoke up.

Sam: So, what happened between the two of you? When we were driving there all you two did was talk and now you're completely silent.

Anna: It's nothing, don't worry about it.

"Yeah, it's complicated" I said, even though I didn't even remember what she said in the first place.

Sam: Ok, you guys tell me when you're ready.

"Will do",  Anna and I said at the same time before returning to the awkward silence.

Sam's POV

Back at the bullpen:

We arrived back at the bullpen and sat at our desks. The car ride back was very quiet, a little to quite, so I know something was up between Callen and Anna. But, we agreed that they would tell me when they're ready.

Although Kensi didn't know that.

Kensi: Hey Callen, what was going on with you earlier today?

Callen: What do you mean? I'm fine.

Kensi: You didn't seem fine this morning when you were at your location with Anna.

Callen: It's nothing, don't worry about it.
*Me still confused about what Anna had said*

Kensi: Ok, but you'll tell me if something is wrong, right?

Callen: Yeah, sure.

Callen's POV

Two days later:

It took me a while to comprehend what Anna said the other day, but eventually I new exactly what she said. I just don't know how to answer it. So I decided to talk to her about it.

"Hey Anna, uhhh, can we talk?" I asked

Anna: Sure. What's up?

"I know what you said the other day" I told her.

Anna: Said about what?

"The whole wanting to have a baby thing."

Anna: Oh that, right, and what do you think about it?

"I don't really know, to be honest. It's a lot to deal with and how are we going to raise a child while we are practically getting shot at almost every day?"

Anna: You do have a point. But just think, Kensi and Deeks make it work, so why can't we make it work?

"I'm just not ready. I like how everything is going right now and if you want to have a child now then maybe you should find someone else."

Anna: *while holding back tears* Callen, what do you mean find someone else, are you saying we're breaking up?

"It seems that way" I said. Not wanting to show how hurt I was feeling about this and just walked away. Anna just stood there with tears running down her face.