three

"Why do you always have to ruin everything?"

My mouth opened in shock at his question as we drove to his best friend's party.

"Did you just say I ruin everything?" I asked glaring at him as he looks at the road ahead of him. He nodded without looking at me at all and I scoffed, "how do I fucking ruin everything?"

I was mad, we had been arguing all day and now right before a party, we were arguing. It's annoying how he can't stop with his stupid remarks.

"You always bitch about everything, it's annoying." He explains finally looking at me and seeing the pure irritation on my face, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything, but it's the truth."

I sat there without saying anything and watched out the window. This was an everyday thing, he would insult me when he was upset and I would take it.

It's getting old.

"Fuck you, Pete," I said bluntly looking over at him as he rolled his eyes.

"Why did you even come? You should've stayed at home." He informed making me even more upset.

"Oh don't worry, Peter, you'll ditch me for your little friends the moment we step in the house. It'll be like I'm not even there, you fucking dickhead."

"Get out we're here." He said as he came to a house with what it looks like a million cars.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car and heard the loud music and seen people with drinks talking outside.

But I was right, when he got one step into the house he disappeared into a crowd with his friends, leaving me behind. I groaned, knowing I was alone for the whole night. I tried to make my way through the crowd to get to a place that wasn't crowded, and eventually, I made it to the kitchen.

It was still rather crowded, but I could breathe better in there. I decided it'd be a good time for a drink, so I poured a red solo cup full of whatever was closest and took small sips, feeling the brunt of the liquid run down my throat.

I made a scrunched-up face after swallowing before someone bumped into me. I groaned as they drunkenly apologized and people started to pile into the kitchen for refills.

I pushed my way through the kitchen and tried my best to be polite to the people who were bumping into me. But it was hard, and I couldn't help but grow irritated. But then I found the stairs, and I walked up them hoping fewer people would be up here. But of course, there was still a good amount of people up there.

I hated parties, mostly because I was always alone at them, but it also made my anxiety worse. Without more than five minutes of space does a toll on me.

As I walked through the hallway, another person bumped into me yet again. But this time they spilled their drink all over my dress.

I let out a long breath trying my hardest not to flip out, "are you fucking kidding me!?"

They apologized for their mistake a million times in a row before I looked at them. It was Colson, making me calm down.

"I am so sorry Val." He said looking at the huge mess he made, but I took a step back and told him it was fine.

"Don't worry about it, it's okay," I reply feeling very uncomfortable with alcohol all over me. It made my dress stick to my chest and I wanted nothing more than to just go home and change.

"I can give you some clothes to wear, is that okay?" He asked and I nodded before he grabbed my hand and led me to his room.