First day

Haruka's POV

I inhaled sharply as I woke up with a start, the pain was coming back. But not the pain from the wounds, but the pain from the loss of my family. It hit me like a bullet, leaving me winded and scarred. And it was all her fault.

Kamanashi Takao, the Spirit of Grass used to be my best friend. We would do everything together, as children we had did not care about what would happen in the future. Until one day, Kamanashi became jealous. She was filled with hatred because of the fact that I was doing better than her, looked better than her and was more successful than her, and on that day she snapped as she realised this. She murdered my family in front of me, killing then one by one in different yet painful ways. She vowed that she would find and kill me, so I hid. Salty tears were now pouring down my face, I slowly stood up. Walking over to the balcony's ledge, I gazed at the forest looking at a tall tree that stood out. I felt a little weak and probably need some exercise, I jumped off the ledge of the balcony, landing with a soft thud on the bridge down below. I started with a slow jog up before breaking into a full sprint up to where the tree stood.

I swiftly dodged every other tree and bush, and reached it in no time without breaking a single sweat. The black undergarments that I was given was suitable enough for exercises and workouts (photo up above), so I just tied my 'white' shirt around my waist in case I would need it later. I jumped up the tree, leaping from branch to branch gracefully and quietly until I found a sturdy one near the top. I hooked my legs on it and let my body swing upside down, waiting for a few seconds before starting. I pulled my body up before going back down to my starting position, I finished around a hundred and twenty eight inverted sit ups before getting hit on the legs with a large stick. I was able to get a good grip on another branch before I fell onto the ground, being the curious lady I am I leapt up to the top of the tree finding a figure sitting at the top.

A boy, around my age with neat and short hair that was black with shamrock green highlights. His eyes were a deep green and shimmered and shined just like a river.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, he just smiled and replied...

"I could ask you the same question, I didn't know that a human could climb a tree so well."

"Well not all humans are useless." I said with a sigh, crossing my arms. The wind blew through my hair, making it dance along with it. When will I tell them? That I wasn't human?

"Well I guess you're right." He said, looking at me with a warm smile.

I still didn't know this boy's name, should I ask? "So, my name is Haruka, what's your's?"

"Haku."

"Hey, our name are pretty similar! Well, I better get going. Lin will probably tear down the place if she finds out that I'm missing." I said, chuckling at the though of this.

"I guess you're right, see you later Haruka." A gust of wind flew right towards me, forcing me to close my eyes. But when the wind died down Haku was no where to be seen, I looked up at the sky to see a magnificent white dragon flying away. Huh, a dragon. Why would've guessed?

Haku's POV

I was sitting up in the main tree of the forest, basking in the warm sun when I heard a rustle of leaves. Whatever it was it was coming closer and closer to where I currently was, but then it stopped around midway. I risked a glance through the trees only to find the girl I saved earlier doing some sort of workout, she was only wearing her undergarments which made my face a little warmer. I jumped back up to the top of the tree, accidentally snapping a large twig, I held my breath as it hit her. She fell but quickly grabbed onto a nearby branch, she had really good reflexes. When I saw her leaping up to my position I looked back at the sky, pretending to not realise that she was here at all.