chapter 15 - save you

Iwaizumi noticed that Oikawa was even more tired than usual. "Are you sure you still want to be outside?" he asked him. Oikawa nodded slightly but Iwaizumi took his hand and stopped him that way. "We're going to Osaka soon, aren't we? Let's pick the date so that there will be fireworks. We can just watch the stars in Osaka then.", Iwaizumi said. Oikawa yawned and looked at him tiredly. "Did your tongue piercing hurt that much?", Hajime then wanted to know. Tooru shook his head. "I don't know why I'm so tired," he muttered. "Then let's go home quickly, shall we? The stars won't run away, I promise."

Oikawa flung himself into bed with Iwaizumi's sweatpants and T-shirt. Hajime hadn't changed yet and saw Oikawa hugging a pillow. "Did you send a message at home that you're staying here today?", Iwaizumi wanted to know. Oikawa nodded. "Iwa-chan?". Hajime looked at Oikawa. Tooru opened his mouth slightly and stuck out his tongue. "Does the tongue piercing look really good?" he asked, showing him his tongue again. Iwazumi blushed slightly and then nodded. "Your fans will all love it, I'm sure," he replied and sighed. Oikawa tapped next to him. "Would you like to join me?" he wanted to know. Iwaizumi shook his head and yawned once. "I'm going to take a bath before I come," he replied. Oikawa nodded and took out his cell phone. "Take your time."

Oikawa looked at pictures and videos from their childhood. They were beautiful pictures. He smirked when he noticed that Iwaizumi had some kind of patches on each picture. "He was always out on some hunt, too," he muttered, continuing to scroll. Short shorts, T-shirt, a branch or a landing net, flip-flops and several bandages on his face was his typical look. He always looked like this - whether at school, at home, at a restaurant or with his family. There wasn't a day that he didn't collect insects. He was a pure child of nature, which often put spiders in Oikawa's backpack to scare him. Oikawa was not afraid of spiders, but suddenly seeing some in his bag had always scared him anyway. He shook his head with a grin. When Iwaizumi and Oikawa first saw each other, Iwaizumi didn't have a single prejudice. And that was despite the fact that they were so different. Oikawa knew by now that this was Hajime's way. Although his family was more likely to pay attention to such things, Iwaizumi did everything he could not to judge anyone. Not until he could see for himself what a person was like. And that already as a child. While Iwaizumi was full of injuries at the first meeting and his clothes were full of dirt, Oikawa didn't have a single scratch. He wasn't even dirty. Nevertheless, Hajime invited him to plant flowers with him. That day, Oikawa came home dirtier than ever.

Nevertheless, he never saw Iwaizumi cry. He fell down trees, slipped all the time, fell into rivers or slammed to the ground because Oikawa fell on him, and he never cried. Was that because he was strong or had he gotten used to such small injuries? Because when Oikawa had hurt his knee, Iwaizumi had cried. Not very much. It was hardly noticed, but while he was shouting at him to take more care of himself, Oikawa saw tears flowing. He was always worried about him. Whether they were outside as a child and Iwaizumi was trying to protect him from everything or they were at school and Oikawa was overexerting himself, he always put Oikawa above himself. He hated that some thought he was rough with him. He was an idiot who couldn't show he cared, but he had never been too rough. Not once.

"Do you like to take a bath in the morning too?" asked Iwaizumi as he came out freshly dressed. Oikawa nodded and watched Iwaizumi join him. "Is everything okay?", Iwaizumi wanted to know. Oikawa nodded again and stared at Hajime. "You look just like you did when you were a kid," he muttered. Iwaizumi slapped him lightly on the head. "Not at all, idiot," he replied."Yes, you have hardly grown and your face is almost the same, too. Well, it's narrower and more prominent now, but otherwise...". "I've grown, shittykawa!" Oikawa rolled his eyes. "You were taller than me, Iwa-chan," was all he meant. Iwaizumi pulled himself together not to comment anything stupid. "You pretty much look like you used to, too, fucking oikawa." he said. Oikawa shrugged his shoulders. "I've grown and my fingers aren't quite as slender anymore," he muttered, looking at his hands. "Also, my face has become more prominent, too," he added. Iwaizumi sighed. "Still, we haven't changed much."

Oikawa rested his head on Iwaizumi's shoulder and closed his eyes. "What time do you have to go to the university tomorrow?" he wanted to know. "11 a.m.," Hajime answered quietly. Oikawa sighed. "Do you want me to stay again until you come and motivate you?" he asked him. Iwaizumi nodded. "I would honestly appreciate that, Tooru."

The two were silent. Hajime listened to Oikawa's regular breathing, which calmed him down a lot. It showed him that he was asleep. He hesitated as he lightly squeezed Oikawa's cheeks so his mouth would open. He didn't understand why a single piercing made such a difference. Would the tattoo change anything more? Was it bad that he thought the piercing suited Oikawa? Probably not. It had been no secret that his best friend was pretty. Everyone knew that. He had never seen anyone who thought Oikawa was ugly. Could anyone blame them? He was not this "hot" but really pretty. Iwaizumi was already used to people recognizing Oikawa and not him during his school days. He never found it bad because Oikawa seemed to enjoy the attention. But this attention had put pressure on him over time. That attention eventually broke him. Iwaizumi sighed and let go of Oikawa's face. He would help him like he had promised. "Even if I have to kill someone for it, Tooru..." he began softly. "Even then, I will save you."