Jumpin' Jack Flash

Thursday, 19th of September 1968:

She wouldn't let her garden look as plain as it was right now. She simply wouldn't have it. So, Trixie had finally bought some flowers in a greenhouse that was close to her neighborhood. She planned to plant some beautiful pansies, carnations and of course, some daisies. When she arrived at home, she called Katya on the phone. She asked her if she wanted to help her and spend some time together. I didn't take a lot for her to say yes, almost instantly.

Before her friend would come, she quickly changed her clothes from what she'd worn to work to cute denim overalls. She styled her hair in a ponytail so it wouldn't annoy her while she was gardening. Once she was ready, she prepared a cold lemonade that they could enjoy afterwards.

As she was finishing, she heard the knock on her door. Quickly she cleaned her hands and went to the door to receive her neighbor.

"Hey." The words had barely left Katya's lips before Trixie hugged her with a big smile as usual.

"Let's go to the backyard!" She probably sounded too excited, taking the girl's hand and letting her in.

Half an hour later they were outside, knees on the ground, digging in the dirt while "Jumpin' Jack Flash" of Rolling Stones were playing in the background. Katya had brought her records, so they could listen while they were working. She adored the fact that her friend loved music as much as her.

"I still don't know why you prefer the Rolling Stones to The Beatles," Trixie complained as she was making a hole on the ground for a pansy.

"Oh, here she comes again," Katya sighed. "It's just how it is...I like the Rollings Stones, you like the Beatles. I like the Doors, you like Elvis. I like Cream, you like Dolly. Please respect my taste in music." Her friend tried to sound serious and dramatic but she actually liked to tease her friend, doing the opposite thing.

"I can't take you seriously if you have mud on your face." Trixie put both of her hands on her hips, trying not to laugh at her.

"What?! Where?" Katya asked, placing both of her hands on her cheeks instantly.

"Don't do that! It's going to get worse." She now laughed hard, taking off her gloves so she could help her. She got maybe a little too close to her, trying to take out the mud of her pale and soft skin with her fingers. Her friend froze, as Trixie was stroking her fingers over her cheeks to no avail. "Wait here, I'm going to look for some tissues"

As she was in the kitchen looking for the tissues, she looked outside for a minute. Her friend's head was down, her gaze on the ground, while she was keeping her right hand resting on the floor and her left one was on her chest. For some reason she didn't seem okay, so she hurried herself and found what she was looking for. As she returned to her, Katya straightened her posture and smiled slightly. Trixie brought some lemonade as well with her and offered some to the blonde girl. She took the glass and drank some of it.

"Are you alright?" She asked her, a little bit worried.

"What? Me? I am alright!" The russian quickly replied with her thick accent.

"It's the sun? Maybe it's too much...look Katya, you're red! Drink more!" She then put her hand on her forehead, trying to measure her temperature. Her face seemed flushed. Maybe she got a cold or fever , she thought. Her neighbor swallowed, keeping herself still.

"I can't tell if you have fever or not, we should head inside!" Trixie bit her lip, worried.

"What? No, I'm fine Trix, let's just keep going..." Katya insisted, a little bit fidgety with her hands.