𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸

Since it'd be risky to wander Hogwarts as an outsider, Tom got himself enrolled as an official student. Since he refused to change his appearance and refused to give up the name he was so proud of, he knew he'd be easily recognized, so he tried to play that to his advantage, and decided to disguise himself as what would be his own son. It worked, Tom was enrolled as a 7th year student at Hogwarts (he explained he was home-schooled until then), and inevitably sorted into Slytherin.

Thankfully Hogwarts found grandeur in its unchanging corridors, and Tom made his way around his classes easily. The classes weren't challenging to him at all, but he attended anyway, for the sake of his plans. Doing homework would be a small price to pay if it meant his ambitions would come to fruition.

As he entered the herbology greenhouse, he caught a glimpse of a familiar face in the back row - the girl. Despite the darkness-shrouded circumstances of their first meeting, seeing her now, it seemed as if the sun filtered through the glass just to glisten on her tan skin. Her hair framed her face perfectly, except for one golden strand that had just fallen across her eyes. Surrounded by vibrant plants and bathed in sunlight, she could've almost been mistaken for someone completely different... Until he realized they had made eye contact, and once more, she was glaring at him. She regained her intimidating poise.

"Funny seeing you here, staring at me again, no less," she laughed. "Either you're stupid, or you really have a death wish."

"Neither," he snapped back. "I know exactly what I'm doing. And I thought you were better than herbology?"

She rolled her eyes. "And for some reason you think you're better than me, so I guess that's just the way some things are."

Tom smirked. He couldn't wait to wipe that smug expression off her face and make her listen to him. "Well how about that or else, then? Are you going to do anything if I stared again?" he pressed. "Just empty threats, are they not? You would-"

"Listen, new kid," she hissed. "I don't know what your problem is, but get over yourself. I'm not interested in you. And no, they aren't empty promises. The last guy to test me is best friends with Madame Pomfrey now."

Just as Tom was going to respond, Professor Sprout gathered the class and instructed everyone on the day's schedule, and eventually let the students get to work on their individual projects.

"Miss Flint?" Professor Sprout called out. "Since you're the fastest student in the class, could I ask you to help Mr. Riddle with the project? He arrived at Hogwarts only very recently, and having an experienced student would help him a lot!"

Tom grimaced at the idea of needing help from anyone, until he realized Miss Flint was the girl. Being forced to work with her in class could be the perfect way for Tom to talk to her and gain her ally-ship. He turned to see the girl's reaction, only to be met with another glare.

Suddenly, her voice changed. "Of course, Professor Sprout~! I'd be overjoyed to help out new students learn what they're missing," she responded cheerily, her voice sweet and soothing. Her tone sounded genuine, the new persona coming to her as naturally as breathing. As she turned to face Tom, her once bright smile twisted into a scowl.

"Well then, let's get started."