Prologue: Chp. 4

"-But it doesn't even matter though!"

"Yes it does."

"Literally how? As far as I can tell, there's no one else in the damn library, and probably this whole place, whatever this is! So what's the point in being quiet?"

The two who were arguing were not, in fact, anyone sinister, just like Orion suspected. In fact, both of them seemed pretty harmless. One of them had a red guitar strapped to his back and had long, white hair. The other had a book on her head, oddly enough, and had short, dark brown hair with white streaks.

"Even if there's no one else here, I would appreciate it if you practiced playing your guitar somewhere else. The noise is giving me a headache..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..."

The boy turned around, only to notice that both Doppo and Orion, who had come closer while they were busy arguing, were standing there, watching the whole thing. "Oh, hey there! Sorry you had to see all that, ha ha." The white haired boy said sheepishly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you had to see his face too." The girl said, quickly looking away to avoid the glare the white haired boy was giving her. She snickered a bit as she watched him huff angrily. He then sighed and calmed down.

"Anyway, I'm the man who's gonna rock the whole world with his tunes! I'm Osomatsu Ariyama, the Ultimate Guitarist! Remember the name well, 'cause it's gonna be everywhere someday!"

The boy, now known as Osomatsu, smiled confidently and brightly. He reminded Orion of someone, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Orion decided to brush it off for now. The girl then sighed in annoyance.

"If we're doing introductions, I might as well do mine. I'm Toko Fukada, the Ultimate Librarian. And I would appreciate it if you would please quiet down. I hate loud noises."

Toko glared at Osomatsu as she finished talking. Osomatsu glared back. To try and break the tension, Doppo and Orion decided to introduce themselves. It worked, but the silence that came after it was unbearable. That was when Osomatsu decided to speak up.

"Well, if she's not gonna appreciate my music, I'll take Susan elsewhere." Osomatsu said, crossing his arms. Doppo made a face. "...You named your guitar Susan? No, actually, you named your guitar?" He asked, both in confusion and amusement. Osomatsu froze as a slight blush appeared on his face. He then muttered a quick "yes" before quickly walking away, seemingly embarrassed. Toko chuckled a bit before turning to look at Doppo and Orion.

"Well, I'm going to be in the library. Feel free stop by if you want, or whatever." Toko said before heading back into the library. As the sound of the clicks from her heels faded, Doppo took a hand out of one of his pockets. "That was...eventful." He said a bit nervously.

"Yeah. You think we'll meet other people like that in here?" Orion asked, looking up at the taller male. "Oh, definitely. You ready to meet all of 'em?" Doppo asked, looking down at Orion. "Definitely." Orion said with confidence. He then grabbed Doppo's hand and hurried down the hallway. Doppo was caught off guard by this and almost fell, but quickly adjusted to Orion's speed.

The two had only just met, but they knew they were definitely gonna be best friends.