Prologue

My name is Kise Ryouta. I'm a 16-year-old boy and I go to Teiko High School as a freshman. I joined the basketball team just to be close with my two best friends Momoicchi, the manager of the basketball team, and Aominecchi, my crush-ssu. I also work as a model after school because my parents force me to be a model. When I first started modeling, I thought it was glamourous and fun because you get to wear cool designer clothes and travel along. However, modeling isn't easy because you have to maintain perfect skinny weight and you have to eat a certain amount of food. Most important, you have to have a good facial expression and appearance just to get more fans and more money.

A lot of people especially my fans think that I'm always a happy-go-lucky guy but inside of me, I'm depressed. I struggle through a lot of stress and anxiety when I took on more projects and work for my job. It's hard to balance it through work and school activities at the same time. That's why I get bad grades because of my busy schedule. My manager and his modeling team keep me busy and they don't just make me a model for the fans, they make me as a product as well. I wanted to quit but I'm afraid that people will put me in controversial situations and make rumors about me in mainstream media. Also, my parents and my siblings will be so disappointed in me if I quit modeling and start focusing more on basketball with my friends. I don't want to get haters as well although most boys envy me because of my looks and many fans. The truth is I'm not interested in girls, I'm interested in guys. Nobody knows except for a few that I trust... I'm gay. Will, I ever overcome all the struggles in my life or will I continue to give what others only want of me? The truth is I don't know but I'm trying my best to escape from it and get help.