2

And there she goes again, I simply don't try to blunder on how my dear friend acts around me, the reason for that is simply because I have changed.

Chapter 2: The New Me

Spending time with Chii-chan at her house has become an afterschool habit for me, who knew our parents actually know each other but thanks to being adults and having jobs they weren't able to catch up with the other although mom said that they've been sending pictures of their children (which means me and Chii-chan) to each other in social media chats.

But that's not all, we actually attend the same school and moreover we are even classmates, I just recently knew about this maybe because I always stay quiet in class and I always eat on the benches located in front of the school yard and of course I was alone, I didn't stand out in class also and the teachers don't call me that often so most of my classmates don't even know I exist, however after meeting with Chii-chan, after spending time with her, and getting to interact with one another in school, I was able to become a somebody rather than a nobody and it was all thanks to Chii-chan.

Our classmates have been talking about how great Chii-chan is in the TV series' that she's casted in, Chii-chan really is an amazing person. Afterschool, we both held hands and make our way to Chii-chan's house.

~

Upon reaching Chii-chan's house we then went inside and towards the living room, from there I saw Chii-chan's scriptbook.

"Uh Chii-chan?.." "Yes Kao-chan?" "Can I take a look at your script book?" I asked and Chii-chan smiled "sure but keep it a secret ok?" "Really?" I said and Chii-chan gave a warm smile.

Upon reading some of the contents inside of it, Chii-chan would say the exact same lines that comes right after every line I've said, I continued reading and Chii-chan continued saying what comes next.

"Chii-chan... that was amazing! You've memorize your script book already!" I told her with a pinch of praise in those words "it's not a big of a deal actually~" she said and gave a smile.

I wish we could stay like this... I could just keep on admiring her and she'll just keep on improving as an actor, more than she is now...

Chisato's POV

We spent the entire afternoon acting out the dialogues inside the script book, I'm glad I have a very good friend like Kao-chan, she's so kind, it even feels like I don't deserve to be her friend but even so I still enjoyed spending time with her such as this.

"You ther-" I stopped as I felt something quite heavy on my shoulder and as I took a glance on what it is, I then saw Kao-chan already asleep while her head is placed on my shoulder as if it were a pillow. I smiled and slowly moved over while I support her head and slowly lay her on the couch.

Her sleeping face is cute, well Kao-chan has always been cute and very kind, I carassed her soft hair around her ear and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Good night Kao-chan~"

~

Kaoru's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and what I could see was a very familiar ceiling, I slowly rose from the couch but when I looked around it made me realize that I wasn't in a couch anymore but actually I was in my bed and it's already morning, I can't recall much but if I remember correctly I was at Chii-chan's house and we were roleplaying the contents of her script book, I must have fallwn asleep by then...

A knock on the door caught my attention and it's slowly being pushed open.

"Oh Kaoru you're awake" "Mom?" My mom gave me a very warm smile, "Good morning Kaoru~ how was your time with Chii-chan yesterday, by the looks of it it seemed you had lots of fun"

I gave mom a huge grin "I did!" And with that I slowly stood up from my bed and streched my arms upward, "oh wait mom! Did you fetch me from Chii-chan's house?"

With a nod and a smile, my mom said: "yes! Me and your father already had a hunch that you might be at the Shirasagi's again so we went over there after your father fetch me from work."

"Ohh" I said and gave mom a smile, "why don't we come downstairs and have breakfast Kaoru?" My mom said and I nodded, we then both make our way outside of my room and downstairs towards the dining area.

My father was already sitting on one of the chairs near the dining table, as we greet the usual good mornings to each other I then began to take my sit. We gave thanks and started eating breakfast. A sound of water dripping slowly filled the area and as I took a glance outside the window, rain was already pouring outside. I continued eating with my parents but I couldn't help but notice the familiar reflection displayed on the window while the rain was pouring on it.

~

"So we would like to talk about what the Theatre Club's project will be on upcoming Cultural Festival" the club president said, "oh it's that time of the year again" "yes it is, oh last year we had Chisato Shirasagi partake as our guest star" "yeah it was a good thing that Kaoru-senpai is friends with her" "I agree, hngggg thinking about last year's cultural festival made me want to repeat it for this year!"

The excitement of the Theatre Club is filled inside the clubroom, the strong aura of excitement that the Cultural Festival holds is truly fleeting. "Kaoru-san" a girl with pale brown hair and wearing glasses suddenly spoke "looks like the club is planning to recreate last year's performance."

"Ah Maya, unfortunately such thing is not bound to happen, the audience may find it to be a waste of their time if we were to repeat it" I said while placing one hand on my chest, "yeah, I agree but I think everyone is actually talking about you and Chisato-san acting together again."

I flinched, remembering the time when I was with Chisato last year, on practice we were being Kaoru Seta and Chisato Shirasagi but off practice we were different people, I would say that I was the Kao-chan that Chisato has grown to know and in turn she was the Chii-chan that I always run to whenever something happens to me.

"Aw... yes... the fleetingness of two childhood friends working together... such a marvelous thing indeed" I said as I try to hide the embarassment that I'm feeling because of remembering such events. "Oh wait Kaoru-san!" The club president called out my name and as I look towards her, she was already making her way towards me, "you and Shirasagi-san are childhood friends right?" I nodded "so why not we make a play about one where Shirasagi-san use to star as when she was little?"

...

"Uh- my apologies but could you repeat that?"