3

The club president told me about what she had on her mind and everyone seems to agree with the idea, because of the majority I was force to think of a play where Chisato used to partake in however I already have one in mind.

Chapter 3: Friends

Everyone in the club was delighted, we already decided what play we will make on the upcoming Cultural Festival but when everyone was about to start going home and researching about the play we aim to make, I made a tiny suggestion.

"Can I have everyone's attention before we call it a day?" as everyone pinned their eyes on me I then make my announcement, "if it pleases everyone, I would like to be the one to find the necessary things for our play in terms of the storyline" I said and waited for everyone's responses and after a while I could hear everyone's agreement on my proposal.

"Hey Kaoru-san" Maya called out, "are you going to ask Chisato-san for help on retrieving those 'necessary things'?" "Ah, Maya you sure are one sharp-witted little kitten, but of course, I will soon make my call for Chisato" Maya giggled and I just gave her a smile.

~

Ringing...

...

"Oh Chisato, I am delighted that you've received my call-" "get to the point Kaoru..." "uh my apologies but-"

A Few Days Later
Afternoon Weekend
Hazawa Café

Bells ringing as door opens...

"Chisato" I was seated on a table near the door so I easily caught eye on who just entered the café and it was my dear friend, Chisato.

I went over to pick her up and escort her to where I was seated but she refused my kind gesture and went over to the table instead, I just smiled while I look at her back and made my way to the table after her.

"I am glad you were able to come Chisato, I apologize for my sudden invitation even when you have a tight schedule on your hand..." I place my hand on my chest to show the sincerity of my apology.

She sighed, "I do have a busy schedule and I was even busier when you asked me to look up those old documentaries from that TV show I was in years ago." "Haha my apologies again" "well what were you planning to do with these? Are you just trying to reminisce our childhood?" "Hehe reminisce you say, well it is part of the reason..." "Kaoru... please get to the point."

I went silent for a moment and took a deep breath, "well our Theatre Club is planning to hold another play for our upcoming Cultural Festival and they wanted to make a play about something that you use to take part on" "and you suggested that the play shoud be about 'The City of Solitude'?"

I nodded "Yes..." "well if that's the case then you don't necessarily need the recordings that I have, I mean they are old and not to mention that I played that as a child and besides there are already a lot of adaptions of it that has also been recorded..." "I get where you're going Chisato, but there is a reason why I chose to study yours instead of others..." she sigh but didn't make a response so I added, "why don't I tell you about what that reason is?"

It took a few moments before she could respond "fine..." "aw it is a story long ago where..."

~

"Chii-chan!" I entered the classroom and the first person that I run off to was Chisato, "oh Kao-chan, good morning" "good morning! And Chii-chan! I watched The City of Solitude's episode yesterday and and Chii-chan... YOU WERE SO COOL!" Chisato gave a smile, "Thanks a lot Kao-chan~"

"I've watch it too!" A classmate of ours spoke up, Chii-chan replied "thank yo-" but before she could finish speaking our classmate interupted, "yeah, you're actually very scary Chisato-chan."

Eh?

"What makes you say that?"
Surprised, Chii-chan responded.

"You were fighting people, I didn't know you were so scary..." our classmate said.
"Oh don't worry, I was just acting" Chii-chan responded with a smile on her face.
"Kao-chan did you watch it?" My classmate faced towards me and I immediately responded: "Chi-Chii-chan isn't like that at all." "Well it doesn't matter, I'll keep on watching it anyways" our classmate said and waved goodbye to both of us.

I was feeling down, wasn't sure what to make up of our classmate's impression of Chii-chan in the show.

They don't know who the real Chii-chan is...

Chii-chan isn't like that at all, they just don't understand how acting works...
And suddenly I felt a soft hand gently carassing my hair.

"What's wrong Kao-chan?" Chii-chan said while wearing the same smile she always wore. I wasn't sure what to feel anymore, her gently smile brushed off all the worries I have of her, "Chii-chan?"

"Hmm what is it Kao-chan?" I shook my head "uh it's nothing actually" I said and giggled, "if you're worried about me then I'm fine Kao-chan... It was all just acting afterall and I'm not bothered by what they said" Chii-chan said and again with a smile.

Chii-chan's so strong...

I can't be like Chii-chan, she's so strong... I can't imagine myself in her place, acting while receiving such opinions of her and still be able to smile like that...

"We're the only ones left in class, we should probably take our leave as well Kao-chan" "uh! Sure we should"

I'm happy that Chii-chan found me, I'm happy that I get to meet someone like Chii-chan and I hope we continue to be like this... and...

"Wanna visit the playground before going to my place?" Chii-chan asked "the playground?" She nodded and after a few moments I nodded as well, Chii-chan held my hand and we both make our way to the playground.

I'm very happy to be your friend, Chii-chan.