18.

"And he just left?"

"Mhm."

"He didn't stay the night?"

"I don't blame him." I opened my locker to grab my stuff for the day. It was early Monday morning, Ashley and I just arriving at school. I had filled her in on the events that had happened yesterday as she listened in disbelief.

"I mean can you imagine if Sam would've walked in?" I laughed, shutting my locker and doing the code to secure it shut.

"Does your brother usually walk into your room while you're sleeping?" Ashley asked.

"No but he doesn't knock either. Sometimes he'll barge in and ask for a charger or something." I laughed my backpack onto my back, slipping my arms through the straps.

"So what are you and Cash now?" Ashley asked, trailing her finger along the wall as we walked down the hallway.

"I have no idea." I blew out a breath as we turned the corner, nearly bumping into a group of people.

"They have a home game after school today." Ashley gestured to where my brother and his baseball friends were walking down the hall a few feet in front of us. "You going to go?"

"I guess," I sighed. "It could be my chance to talk to Cash and to cheer him on." I played with the straps on my backpack while Ashley shot me a look.

"And support your brother?" She pressed.

"Yeah, yeah but that's a given." I wave my hand at her and she laughs. "You'll be at the game with me, right?" I raised my eyebrow, hoping she'd say yes.

"Obviously. It's not like I have any other friends." She scoffs and I giggle, telling Ashley I'd see her later and heading to class.

-

"Well, well, long time no see." I whipped my head around to see Ana standing beside me. I was back at my locker, it now being the end of the day. Ashley and I were going to meet at my locker before heading out to the field for the home game. My eyes trailed down to the shirt Ana was wearing.

It was Cash's baseball jersey. The large white 35 was staring right at me.

"Do you like it? Cash let me wear his extra jersey for the game today." Ana fisted the red fabric into her hands. "It's so big on me since I'm so short." Ana giggled and I raised my eyebrow at her. She was a few inches shorter than me.

"Cash let you wear that?" I asked calmly. My heart was racing as to why Cash let Ana wear his extra jersey to the game.

Before Ana could answer, Ashley came jogging up beside me. "What the hell is that?" Ashley pointed her finger at the jersey covering Ana's body, a disgusted look was clear on her face.

"One of Cash's jerseys. He let her wear it." I point out before crossing my arms and stalking down the hallway to the exit. Ashley was only a few paces behind me before finally catching up just as I reached the door.

"You're just going to let her wear his jersey?" Ashley scoffed, pushing open one side of the double doors.

"It's just a jersey." I shrug, trying to brush it off. It wasn't like I caught her and Cash making out. "It's just an article of clothing."

"Emma you know the grey sweatshirt you have? The one that's Cash's?" Ashley asks as we step outside, the sun practically blinding me. I shake my head, squinting my eyes as we cross through the parking lot. "But that sweatshirt's just an article of clothing, right?"

"Well no—"

"Why not?"

"Because it's my boyfriend's sweatshirt that he gave to me." I step onto the gravel and make my way over to the bleachers. I watch as the Westwood baseball team pairs up and throws a baseball back and forth to each other.