My Sound From Your Heart

Please leave a message after the beep. *beep*

"... Mom... Mommy... It's Aimi.

It's been awhile since we've talked. And I don't mean just me talking, I mean you and me. Sometimes I feel like I've forgotten your voice. It's those times I rifle through the video tapes and watch the past flash before my eyes again. Anyway to bluntly state this, you left us ten years ago and to be exact at this very day and time. But you probably already know this because I remind you by calling you at this time. The only time I leave a call.

I always wonder what you think when I leave you these bittersweet messages. I don't know if you ever listen to these messages. All I can do is hope you listen to them. That you haven't blocked me out and deleted me from your life forever.

Mom. It's been ten years and a lot has changed. First of all I'm soon graduating from college... And you've missed so much. You've especially missed the important times. Times when we all needed you the most. Like daddy's funeral or even Sora's. Have you ever acknowledge the fact that they are gone. 

You know... I wonder if you noticed last Valentine's Day. ... That I didn't call. I missed one, and if you know me. Or hopefully you remember. I never miss the time, not for a second. Well the reason is that day I saw you again. More specifically you with your new family. It pained my heart to see that and I couldn't help but feel jealous. I mean it's hard, it looked to me like you replaced us. And you probably did. *cries*

You know we had those perfect moments ourselves. Mommy, don't you remember. All of us together, you, daddy, Sora, Akane, me, and little Hinata and Ayaka. But you left before we could piece things back again. We could of still have made it you know. But sadly, reality is just too cruel.

You told me to never to leave loved ones behind. You told me to never run away that instead to walk hand in hand even in the face of darkness. You told me to never become someone else and staying true is what this world needs. Well I think that you just perfected hypocrisy because you became a liar and broke all of your rules. But I'm not here to throw this back in your face. *sigh* I just... I just want you to think about us again. Just even for a moment. 

I never had the courage to talk to you about this before. About you leaving, This is the first time I'm slowly facing reality again. Really truly listening to my heart again, just like the way you told me. Things have changed for me. And it started last week.

You see, I met one of Sora's friend and well he gave me a pair of wings and let me free. He's special in many ways. His name is Tsubasa and he did give me wings and he gave me another gift. Seeing Sora. I know that's not possible in many ways, but it happened. Tsubasa possesses the ability to see the dead. What's even more extraordinary is that he is able to channel this ability that when someone holds his hand, they can see through the same gifted eyes of Sora. In others words, I was able to see Sora again. It's been three years for him and we talked a lot. And one of the things we talked a lot about. Well was you. Mom, over the years, I never talked about you with anyone else. Not even with my own older sister or the twins. We've all been silent about you and dad.

It hurts mom keeping this silence. Over the years I've developed my own kinds of scars that scatter across my skin and then they slowly bleed onto my heart. My heart was soon was covered in open battle wounds and ugly scars, many you left there. You see after you left I started to carry these dark and dreary feelings with me that I was a heavy heart to carry and that my feet dragged across the ground. It was hard to get back up, even now I still possess this heavy heart of mine. Full of grief and ugliness. But I got some help though. 

One of them was actually Hanako. Remember, your flower fairy friend. Mommy, you knew some lovely people. When I was younger, fairies were my favorites and I was a princess to you back then. I remember when we visited her one time. That time she was finding out what happened to the gifts she bestowed onto the princes and princesses she took care of. I remember the lesson she taught me that day.

That beauty and vanity isn't everything, that was the downfall and death of Michiko. She believed her beauty was all she needed but really it killed her. Kanon was the second princess she told us and that she was given the gift of eloquence which she used exquisitely when she talked or sang. Yet that worn down her listeners over time with her constantly letting words fly out of her mouth. Then there was Rei, she received the gift of pleasing. Except this left her to be insincere and her lovers weary with doubt about her. Lastly she told us about Chika who nothing seriously and wove everything into a story or an occasion with her wit she bestowed with. I remember her telling me, since I was her favorite, even though not a true princess, that when the time comes and I grown out of my childhood. That she would give me a gift that you would help me and went along with my personality.

So that's what happened, when I was in the deepest and darkest of places and starting college. She found me again and gave me a spirit named Shizuka, a quiet spirit. She said hopefully this would make me happy. And after that, I never saw her again. I don't know how much this gift has helped me, but keeping quiet at times has been beneficial, especially when observing. It has helped me gain a new perspective of my world.

I wanted to tell you this story because I was hoping, maybe this time. This message will change your view and that you would finally call. I would like that. Please mommy. I just want to hear you call me your little sound one more time. You know. I will always love you, no matter what has happened to me. You still have a place in my heart. ... So sincerely yours, love."

Message sent on February 14, 2015 at 12 AM.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

The screen flashes and says unknown number. The date is February 15, 2015. The time. 12 AM.

"Moshi moshi."

"..."

"Hello?"

"...."

"If no one answers I'm going to hang up now."

"Aimi."

"Mommy? *cries*"

"*cries* ... My little sound."

Number of words: 1184