My Water Rated On A Love Scale

A screen flashes and comes to life. 

[Opens the log journal]

[Typing...] Date: February Year 2015 ... Event: A message bottle was sent down the Kohaku River.

Flash forward and speed alongside with time.

[Typing...] Date: February Year 2080 ... Event: The message bottle has yet to be found in the Kohaku River.

[Taps on the search icon] Welcome. What would you like to search.

[Typing...] Definition of year 2080.

[Searching...] Answer: 2080 has become the ideal paradise in which everyone is connected to each other virtually. A world created that protects the individual interests and ideals, in which a safe environment has been developed in which there is barely any danger. The technological advancements has proven to be essential to creating this paradise. There is nothing flawed or imperfect with this Utopian society. 

[Typing...] The honest truth about year 2080.

[Searching...] Answer: Appears that society believes in the fallacious facade that has been created. The disillusion of  utopia, in reality this world is shrouded with shadows. Even roses, the epitome of beauty, has the thorns that will cut you deep and draw the same deep red coloring instead in the form of blood. The world we once knew, it all crumbled away and degenerated into nothing. Slowly society has become dehumanized. Slowly society has become soaked into the depths of evil. Slowly society has become plugged in and losing their hearts. Really, everyone has become soulless and drab with ugliness. This "paradise" is really enclosed dome where the remaining reside, polluted with fumes of deceit.

The screen blacks out and goes blank.

She believed the world appeared to be in black and white, not a dab of color, not even a gray area. It was a straightforward line dividing her world and she felt like she was outside of it. She saw that everyone wore this mask that covered their black hearts. She felt utterly alone and isolated in this so called perfection. She never truly felt the giddiness and happiness that other lied about and the false smiles that plastered their faces look to be a glitch.

A phone in hand, her screen filled with tedious lies print in each post, text, and whatnot. The silence of dread drove her to throw her phone into the river before her. A sigh escaped from her lips as the pressure from the phone slipped away from her fingers. She then slowly walked down the slope to reach the river. Something glinted before her eyes and she peered to see an Alice in Wonderland style bottle was nestled in the riverbed rocks. A tag was ribboned on the neck of the bottle and instead of reading "Drink Me," it says "Love Me."

She whispered those printed words. "Love me." She truly did want to feel love, she felt it missing within her, empty and cold within this shell of a person. She never truly felt complete. 

Once laid before her morphed and slowly grew into be a marshmallow looking robot. The huggable creature slowly waddled over to her. 

It blinked then it raised its hand and waved at her, "Hi, my name is Tomo. I have a message for you."

She looked confused, but listened.

The chest of robot blinked and flashed to life to see a video to appear before her. A girl stood before the video camera, there was something that sparked something within her. Her eyes, that's what it was. The uniqueness of them that entraced her, they both shared the same pinkish violet eyes.

"Hello there. It's year 2015 and my name is Aimi. I hope this reaches you safely and soundly. This big guy here, well as you know. His name is Tomo and here to give you my gift of love to you. I don't know when this message will reach someone, but I hope that this will be found by someone who will greatly needs this. Also, this someone who finds this little bottle, well I find you to be special for your eyes are able to see beyond masks and lies and look for the truth. I give you here some truth. You know what I feel when I speak to you. No matter what space or time you come from. There will always be love. You know, without knowing you, you're my water. You will be loved, you may not feel it around you in this darkness you dwell in. But let me be there for you, I shall bring the light to your monotone world and shed some love over you. Don't give up, just women up and see the love in the light. Sincerely yours, love."

The words the girl, Aimi, spoke, well they struck a chord within her heart. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Behind her closed eyelids she felt the rush of wind swirling around her. Slowly opening her eyes again, well she was met with a wondrous sight. Colors popped before her, splashing across the landscape, and twirling and sparkling in the light. She was seeing the colors of the world for the first time. Emotions swirled in her mind, but the most prominent one of them all was the warmth that graced her heart. This the feeling of love. The absence within her that was at the moment being filled. She looked back at the robot.

Tomo stated, "On a scale from one to ten, rate how loved you feel."

The girl was ferociously trying to blink away the tears. Tears of happiness and love. "Ten" she whispered.

Number of Words: 927