Chapter 5

I wake up before everyone else so I decided to go fetch more water. I grab the buckets and my gun before walking out to the stream. I fill the buckets up quickly and start walking back towards the cabin. Then I hear a crackle of leaves behind me. I gasp as I see nothing there so for the second time, I ran. The water spilled some as I ran into the cabin, startling everyone awake.

"What happened Kelly? Jack asked in a sleepy concerned voice

" I swear something was chasing me!" I stated in panic

"Kelly, it was probably an animal" Billy said trying to calm me down

"Well then it whatever it was wanted to hurt me. What harmless animal out here stops behinds someone like that and doesn't move!" I exclaimed

No one said anything, they knew my statement was right. Jack sighs before walking off. Mandy gets the buckets from me and outs them to the side. Billy gives me an assuring smile before walking off behind Jack.

POV

"There starting to turn on her?"

"More like they don't believe or there scared"

"So naïve"

"Very, yes indeed"

Kelly's POV

I'm scared shitless to leave far. The worst part about it is that they don't believe me. I want to go see what it is but at the same time I feel as if I shouldn't.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when Jack walks in and sits down beside me. We haven't actually talked since we were stuck out here.

"Listen Kelly, I don't know if your paronoid or tired, or scared, I dont know. But you have to get over it, we have to be strong to make it out of here and we can't scare everyone."

"Jack..."

"I'm serious Kelly, your stronger than this! Blow it off, I promise you it's nothing. Kelly we have to survive...."