Chapter 7

Jack's POV

I grunt as I enter the cabin with fresh water and some more dandelion greens. Kelly been out now for two days with a slight fever and I can only do but so much with the resources thats out here. I sit the stuff down beside the stove and put the greens inside a pot for now. Billy and Mandy hasn't been here either, ever since Billy said he's going to continue looking for her I haven't seen him since. I look at Kelly; her sleeping state oblivious to our harsh conditions. My mind flashes back to us first getting here and how we just showed each other how we felt. Kelly always been beautiful but I would have never thought about us ever being together, she showed no sign, even if we shared those two magical moments together.

I lay down beside her and hold her in my arms. If we ever get out of this predicament, I'm going to tell her how I feel..

"Ughh" I snapped my head to see Kelly moaning and turning in her sleep before she wrapped her arms around my chest.

Soon afterwards I started drifting off to sleep with Kelly cuddled into my chest....

I was soon in a wheat field, it was Summer. I looked around and noticed a weathered red wheat silo overlooking the fields. I was at my family's farm. I looked at the cloudless sky, to the sun and I follow its direction like I always did whenever I was lost in a field. Soon I came up to the same three story farm house that gave off a welcoming feeling with a scent of southern cooking. I entered the house into the kitchen to see a short woman with blond curly hair that looked to be in her early fifties. My mother, with a spoon in one hand and a pot in the other. Then there was another woman with her back facing me, she was cutting vegetables. She was brown skinned with dark brown hair that fell to her shoulders with a slender build with a round butt. Befor I could ask who it was she turned around it was Kelly with a baby bump that looked to be about five months. Kelly smiled before walking up to me and pecking my lips. I just rubbed her stomach as my mother turned around and smiled at us while Kelly grinned from ear to ear.

"Jack, go take a shower. Kelly and I are almost finished with dinner." My mother said.

I obeyed and walked up the stairs I knew so well to a forest green room with baseball trophies and posters. The room led to a small bathroom that crammed a standing shower, sink, and toilet. It felt like everything was normal, except Kelly who had a baby bump...

I get out the bathroom from doing my business and walk downstairs to see the table covered in food. Collard greens, macaroni and cheese, pork chops, corn, friend chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and so much more. My mother and Kelly were sitting there, smiling at me as I sat down.. Until I felt a shake.

"Time to wake up" The Kelly said in my dream

I was still baffled on what was going on..

"Wake up!" Kelly demanded

Immediately my eyes snapped open and I was still in the cabin with Kelly but it was morning and she was awake..