Chapter Three - A Long Ways To Go

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -Walt Disney

-Sincerely, Your Friend, Lemon

____________________________

Bad let Fundy know the next day that Quackity had decided he was going to come. Fundy became even more hesitant to go than before. Quackity would cause them much more trouble than if he wasn't there.

"Listen Fundy, I know Quackity causes a lot of trouble but he's also a really good fighter! It would be handy to have him around if we were in danger." Bad said, trying to convince Fundy again. "Yeah, you NEED me!" Quackity exclaimed.

Fundy sighed. "Whatever. Even if I don't go if that's really what you want you two should go. So go get prepared for that trip..." Said Fundy, he truly doubted Bad and Quackity would actually go. "WE WILL!" Yelled Quackity as he grabbed Bad and dragged him to his house.

It wasn't until Bad and Quackity came to Fundy's house to say goodbye to Fundy with one satchel each full of resources that he realized they were actually leaving.

Fundy exited the house the closed the door behind him. He looked at Bad and Quackity with a confused look.

"Hey Fundy. We just wanted to say goodbye before we go! You know, In case we don't come back. But we're leaving now... you sure you don't want to come..? I know it's a lot but.. still." Bad seemed really serious. "W-Wait! You can't possible be thinking about actually going! Bad this is a horrible idea!" Fundy yelled at them.

"I know but I've been doing some research and I think it's for the best that we go look!" Bad yelled back. "Yes. For the best. We must.. save people." Quackity said. "Quiet Quackity, I know you only want to go to become famous." Fundy said, rolling his eyes. Quackity stuck his tongue out at Fundy.

"Fundy... please. Just let me do this. You can come if you want.. we're gonna be at my house getting some more food ready. I'll see you eventually." Bad said before walking off. Quackity smirked at Fundy and blew him a kiss before following Bad.

Fundy jumped before rolling his eyes. Quackity always did that, because of his power when he blows kisses at people (while activating the power) it poisons them. So some times he blows kisses at people (without activating his power) just to give them a scare.

Fundy sighed and walked back into his house. He knew he couldn't just let Bad and Quackity go by themselves. Quackity would wreak havoc and Bad would surely get hurt. He's too kind for his own good. He groaned and hid his face in his hands. He knew what he had to do.

Around 30 minutes later Bad and Quackity finally left Bad's house, just as the opened the door and exited they saw Fundy standing in front of them with a bag of resources, just like them. "So... Which way?" Fundy said once him and Bad made eye contact. Bad smiled brightly and hugged him. He locked his door and began to speak.

"I'm so glad you're coming! Just follow me, okay? You too Quackity!" Bad said as he began running to the edge of town. He was very excited. Quackity laughed and ran after Bad. Fundy sighed and followed the two. Was he actually doing this?

Well, they were already at the edge of town... there's no turning back once they get far enough, it would take too long to travel back on his own. Their kingdom wasn't the biggest, so to get to the border between Wonderland and their kingdom they only had to go through two towns. Once they enter Wonderland.. there's really no turning back. They won't be able to leave because of the curse.

There was about 8 hours of walking before they would get to the next town, it's pretty far, I know. But they already knew this as they finally left their home town.

"Oh! By the way, did you get someone to look after the library?" Bad asked as he walked. "Yeah, I did, I got Sam to look after it. How about the bakery?" Fundy replied. Bad smiled. "Puffy agreed to take care of it for me!"  He said. Fundy nodded. "This is so exciting! So exciting!" Said Quackity. "We're gonna have to sleep in the forest!" He exclaimed. Quackity's always loved the forest, he says it's a good place to hide when you're in trouble.

"Quackity you better not cause any trouble when we go through the towns." Fundy said. Quackity smirked. "I don't make promises!" Fundy groaned.

After about 30 minutes of walking Quackity groaned and flipped down on a stump he saw in his peripheral vision. "What are you doing?" Asked Fundy. "Resting, what does it look like?" Quackity said in a sarcastic tone. "Why?! If we want to get to Wonderland any time soon, which actually isn't possible, it will take at least a week just to get to the border, and probably a month or two to get to the main city, then we need to keep going!" Fundy said, clearly annoyed.

"Alright, listen here fox. You may be an animal and Bad may be some sort of celestial demonic being, but I'm just a human who just so happens to be able to kill people with a kiss like some sort of grim reaper. I can't walk for 5 hours without stopping." Quackity said. "It's only been 30 minutes Quackity, you're just being lazy." Fundy said. Quackity plugged his ears. "Nope nope nope, we're resting." He said. He was determined to stop here for a bit.

"I may be, "some sort of celestial or demonic being", as you called me, but I can't actually do much of anything. I can only heal people." Bad said. "Okay so then what's the point of those wings?" Quackity questioned. Bad shrugged. "Maybe if you tried you could learn how to fly." Fundy said. Bad chuckled. "Haha, maybe."

After around 5 minutes Bad and Fundy forced Quackity to start moving again. This time they didn't all stop after 30 minutes. They all stopped after about an hour and a half. Quackity stopped after 45 minutes, Fundy was carrying him on his back at the moment, because once again Quackity had refused to move, so it was the only thing he could think of doing. They had only stopped because it was getting dark.

Fundy had to start a fire, which took a long time because Bad had to make sure it wouldn't be able to spread and start a forest fire, and Fundy sucked at starting fires. It took 10 minutes to get a small flame, and another 10 to get an actual fire going.

"It's at times like this I wish I had fire powers instead of Super Senses." Said Fundy as he laid down, seeing as he had tired himself out with all the walking, carrying Quackity, and taking 20 minutes to start a fire.

"Now remember you two, we can't eat too much of our food tonight, we only have so much to go through until we get to the next town." Bad said. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Said Quackity as he started munching down on the first piece of food he took out of his bag. After they ate they laid out blankets for them to sleep on, so they didn't have to sleep on the ground, put out the fire, and went to bed.

Well... Fundy and Bad went to bed. Quackity.. well it was more like taking a nap. Because in the middle of the night Quackity got up and started eating food for no reason. So Fundy and Bad woke up to see that most of their rations had disappeared.

Fundy refused to carry Quackity at any time during their trip, he was beyond angry. Bad was upset, but Quackity was good at making him feel bad and forgive him. They had to go quite a while before getting to the next town, but they could make it before the end of the day, seeing as they woke up very early.

Who would've though that they'd meet someone very special at that town.

_________________________________
Hey- if you read my last Skephalo fanfic then sorry I discontinued it- if not- then just ignore that part! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading. 💕